EURO Turkish Grand Prix 2009

Public topics, anyone can read/write.
Fred

EURO Turkish Grand Prix 2009

Post by Fred »

Quick ending for me this time. Took the start and led for some laps but then I semi-spun, lost first place to Mark, tried to chase him down, spun again, lost a place to Kaffe (who charged up to the front quickly, nicely done mate), then I spun again, lost a wheel and a wing and called it a day.

Many spins, the car suddenly snapped out of the corners, couldn't use the throttle the way I wanted. Impossible race setup hehe. Better luck next time as they say.
Once you go Mac, you never go back.
Racer
NAR administrator

Re: EURO Turkish Grand Prix 2009

Post by Racer »

YEAA same here, lost the Car, snapped like was on water, or oil. who did that, ghehe
SteveB
NAR administrator
Favorite team: Ferrari

Post by SteveB »

How was the server for you guys??
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

dutch power
NAR administrator

Post by dutch power »

Server seemed all fine.

WOn the race wuhuu finaly, although Fred seemed fast on pace but perhaps he took quite a lot of risk. Ofcourse this time i decided to go with a different strategie i had been testing this week and that was 3 stops on SSF, with this strategie i was hoping to be on the same pace with FRed now and perhaps be able to put the car on pole to wich actualy happend.

Then the start was ok, but i overshot T1 slightly so FRed overtook me there and for the first 6 laps i was behind him chasing him down. He made a mistake and that was it, had a confy first stint after he left and avatar to. Was only worried about Kaffe as he mostly tends to go heavy on fuell and he was pretty quick though. After my first stop i got out just in front of Kaffe and from there on i knew that this race would be mine. :D

Happy to win the race, and happy to close the gap in championship standings, only 4 points behind now. 8)
Regards,
Mark Aalberts

#99 Greg Moore april 22, 1975—October 31, 1999 (you will never be forgoten http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqxOecWC ... re=related)
Mr G

Post by Mr G »

I got a finish :D

Made a great start to get up to 5 or 6th then the first few laps i had the same problem felt like i was driving on ice couldnt get throttle down sorry to all guys at start who had to pass me on first few laps i couldnt get fast lap in :(
Was very tired had busy weekend i think i fell a sleep at one point and just went straight on :lol: the last stint went on forever for me until piotr caught me which woke me up then he got passed tried to keep up and lost it ! supension damage got back to pits and had to race the last 6-10 laps with wonkey wheel :lol:

well done to Mark and finishers
NAR Vodafone McLaren Mercedes

Max Römer

Post by Max Römer »

I hade a very good start from 7th to 5th place
and drove away with a fast good rythim.
in my first stint i made no mistakes and was very fast
i fightet with my car and had luck that so much from the top drivers didn't finsh
so i was at second position.
after my first stop i was at 5th again, drove fast too canstand 1.28 or faster.
But in the end of the stint natxoCC was directly behind me and made much presure.
in lap 33 i drove to pit for my second stop.
in the time i was driviong with a heavy car i lost 10 seconds to natxoCC and norbi was behind me.
after a little mistake norbi passed and i drove over the kirb in the fastest corner of the track so i lost my wing and the left front wheel was
wrecked. i hade tt go to pit and lost the 4th place too!!
and in the end i finished slowly and was save at the 5th place.

good pace natxoCC u're very fast and norbi too
great job mark
Max Römer
Red Bull
SteveB
NAR administrator
Favorite team: Ferrari

Post by SteveB »

CONGRATS DP :)

I guess crossing the fingers yesterday helped :)

Happy to hear the server was good for you guys.

CONGRATS to ALL the finishers. :)
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

The server replay and results files can be downloaded here:

Qual results: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... y_Qual.xml
Race results: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... y_Race.xml
Replays: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... Turkey.zip (20.3MB, contains race and qual. replays)
League stats: Click here for the NAR stats
Web-stats: Click here for stats!
2010 NA div. Admin
Norbi123

Post by Norbi123 »

@ Bilbo - Serwer was without lags for me, but I was worried about often disconnections;o

Overall race was good. I was deconcentrated on few first laps, so I spunned twice in very stupid way;/ losing a lot off time, but without any damage for me & others. After that I didn't do any no more mistakes, had a good race pace and a lot of overtaking face-2-face untill 3rd on finish. Exciting race, happy to be on podium. Congratulations to Mark and everyone who finished:)
Last edited by Norbi123 on 15 Jun 2009, 21:57, edited 3 times in total.
Coffeemachine

Post by Coffeemachine »

no qualy for me so i started p16. my start wasnt that good but i managed to avoid trouble and was p5 after the first lap, then managed to overtake max after some nice fighting. after that avatar made a mistake and i catched him up for 3rd, but got to excited and hit the curb into t1 too hard and did a 360. well avatar returned the favour by going off and escing. then i kinda managed to match fred a few laps, but then he spun and we were side by side into the last complex. was hoping for a legendary fight as we seemed to be quite equally phased, but he did a donkey and died at a exit curb the next lap whilst chasing me :). silly man :). after that i was chasing mark, losing a few tenths every lap - but it never occured to me that you where doing a 3stopper m8 :) anyway, cought mark up after his pitstop while i had 5 more laps to go and tried hard to overtake him, unfortounately it ended in a few misstakes - one lap more and maby i would have made it. anyway, since he was so far ahead and i really didnt have time to finish the race, i tried to go for fastest lap after my pitstop but failed miserably, then i parked it. needed to do laundry and drive 200kms to my job this evening, so - time to go ! :) gratz mark
[12:19:47]Dropkick: somebody tried to mug me once
[12:19:59]Dropkick: but i was so drunk i did not understand
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

I'm glad to hear that the server was good for everyone. Congrats to Mark and all who finished! 8)
2010 NA div. Admin
Peter Sojda

Post by Peter Sojda »

This is my best race in NAR history :) First time when I can reach time like in training. On 10 lap I spin when fight with Norbi, and then I have contact with someone, lost rear wing, and spent 59 second in pit stop.
I lose 1:24,0 to G25, then I push hard and looked how difference make smaller and smaller. Finaly on 45 lap I overtake him and win 6 place :D
SCUDERIA FERRARI F1 TEAM
Fred

Post by Fred »

Congratulations for your first win of the season Mark, well done :)
dutch power
NAR administrator

Post by dutch power »

Hey Fred, thanks m8. I just noticed that you where actualy pretty light on fuell, also 3 stops or 2 stop with shorter first stint?? Seems like my pace was better then i expected to be. Hopefully Silverstone will be as good, that track doesnt realy suite me that well though.
Regards,
Mark Aalberts

#99 Greg Moore april 22, 1975—October 31, 1999 (you will never be forgoten http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqxOecWC ... re=related)
scuderiafn

Post by scuderiafn »

I was on a 3-stopper yes :) I thought I would be the only one, but that wasn't the case obviously heh :lol: I really wanted to use the SS tyres so it was a must to be on a 3 stopper for me.
Silverstone isn't one of my better tracks either so it will be like this race :)

In for some practice tonight?
NAR Euro Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro # 5
Cue-bitzer hit Bådää into T1, causing Fart-in-Source to get by!
Fred

Post by Fred »

And now I used my old account again for some reason. Reflex I guess 8)
natxocc

Post by natxocc »

My bad luck was, as always, following me.

From my 4 initial place, during first lap some drivers touch me accidentally taking me off the way and was on 11th position from second lap.
I began a new race from here and press all was possible.

I have some good fight with philmax, Max Rommer and Norbi who was near me during the last laps. This was the more exciting part of the race, a fight with some great drivers.

If I didn't have any touch with anybody at start, I would be in the same position, 2th, as Mark was incredible fast and impossible to catch, so I think that this time, my bad luck, was not so bad....

About the server was not fine for me, some lags, but only few ones (I have a 7200 Kbits/640Kbits connection)
My brother Kalimero was disconnected from the server on the firsts laps, losing any possibilities to win some points.
During test, I had some lost connections too, but not in race (uffff :D )
Hope in next race will not have any problems and do a good race.

Congrats to all drivers, finishing and not.
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

There's not much I can do about the disconnects/lag because I can certify that there was *NO* net access of any kind during the race in my house (other than the race server, of course). I had line-of-sight on all PCs in the house during all the race and I was keeping watch. Not even the cat could get near a network cable! :twisted:
2010 NA div. Admin