NA Monaco race, post your comments here...

Public topics, anyone can read/write.
Coffeemachine

Re: NA Monaco race, post your comments here...

Post by Coffeemachine »

carrera wrote:Well that was a race to forget yet again.
I'm glad I was at the back though as there was wings and carbon fibre parts and wheels everywhere on the first corner.
Poor Boon made it to the last hard right corner and stalled his car before he finished his first lap.I made it 8 laps and the
wall as callin my name like Marios wall was calling him.for me it was....Heeeeerrrreeeeeee......ssssstttttoooopid.....hhhhheeeerrrreeee.....ssssstttoooooopidddd.
that first wall on the first corner we all hate because the frikkin contractor put a kink in it...Union workers...pppfffttttt....
Anyway special congratulations to HITMAN for sticking it out and getting second place....Bilbo well...he just lucked out.. :lol: :lol: ....
ok that was a joke but a good one eh?(canadian slang).
Congrats to Bilobo as well.....LOL...as he got his christmas present early.....very early....
carrera 8) 8) 8)
is your name HERESTUPID? :):)
[12:19:47]Dropkick: somebody tried to mug me once
[12:19:59]Dropkick: but i was so drunk i did not understand
Flow
Spam kingpin
Favorite team: Minardi
Are you a spam bot?: No

Post by Flow »

Bilbo wrote:Thanks everyone for the nice words. Yeah, I got lucky big time in magnificent Monaco. Idon't remember ever having a good result there and last year was the worst of the worst of my worst races ever (took out Mario who was leading 8 laps in front of me in the runoff zone at T1 after we both missed the turn maybe 10 laps from the end of the race; I still wake up screaming at night since this nightmare race). In this context, I was coming to Monaco this season with the simple goal of finishing the race, not taking anyone out with me if I didn't, and maybe, just maybe, maybe enjoy the race too... :oops:

To begin with, I slightly improved my race set PB in the pre-race practice, which always leaves me in a so-so mood: I'm happy to have improved but can't help thinking that I've wasted that perfectly good lap at a time when it's totally useless and it might never come back again... :?

My qualifying time was okay but I expected it to put me closer to the back (I was mentally prepared to start this race from the back row). As I mentioned already, I was coming to this race with not much expectations and was actually quite serene that whatever happens, happens and that's it. I took an easy start, got lucky to not hit any major car pieces at T1 and some people took the opportunity to pass me, which I was totally at easy with. This is (was) Monaco, a VERY long race... So I find myself behind Doris, who acted (or so it seemed when it happened) as my personal snow plow through the wreckage at the tunnel entrance. :) After that, I find myself glued to Doris's back and keeping the pressure on him while trying to still be safe (I wasn't looking for all-out performance at this race and I was NOT going to fight for any position).

After maybe 10 laps of this, he hit a wall and had to pit, clearing my way so I could annoy Hitman next. That was absolutely great until we made it to our simultaneous first pitstop, where the team held me for 21 seconds for "repairs" (I mean, come on, all the parts are still attached to the car, go away with your duct tape and just let me go!), which gave Hitman the advantage. After that, I was pushing a bit to make up the time (5-6 seconds, IIRC) but made a mistake and lost the front wing and bent the suspension a bit. That was on lap 30 and close to the pits so, since a mistake never comes alone, I make a quick mental calculation and figure that if I take on 38 laps worth of fuel, I can make it to the end. I like those kind of challenges that make you push your limits; I had never tried a run longer than 26 laps (and some people were calling me crazy for even attempting 26 laps stints! :wink: ).

Now, the engineers among you have probably realized already that 30+38=68, not 78, but in my excitation I only realized that AFTER I was out from the pits. I still decided to make the best of it, going extra careful this time because of both the extra weight and to try to "save" the tyres a bit. We were only 3 or 4 in the races at that point so it was barely a "race" anymore. At some point I noticed Kaali exiting, then saw the end of Mario's spectacular death (sorry, I was a bit late and just saw the car and pieces raining down). Closer to the end, Hitman had his accident, I passed him while he was fixing it in the pits. We were still on the same lap when he came out but I guess my car was less damaged than his because I was gaining on him. I was sometimes going pretty slowly as the gap raised to ~1 minute because I did not really have the intention to lap him unless he really made me do it. I believe that happened when he had his second accident and soon after exited the race. Thankfully, there were then only a handful of laps to go, otherwise I would probably not have made it to the end.

Thanks to Hitman for keeping me company almost to the end and congrats for a well-deserved P2. Thanks to all who participated, no matter for how long :wink: and finally, a big thanks to SteveB for the track and sharing that great car setup. The set was definitely faster than I showed in the race but it made the job and I could drive it with confidence even with a damaged suspension at Monaco, of all places! 8)

See you all in Turkey for a totally different experience! :D

Shit, i am happy you dont win too often :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: i think the last one to type that mutch was Meo, hahaha. Good race Bilbo.

And Hitman, sorry for not supporting our team :wink: my race was a complete mess, CONG. FOR YOUR PRECIOUS POINTS AT MONACO!
NAR.F1 driver
coywilburn

Post by coywilburn »

my race was ok pc was shitty again,running 5th and pitted at lap 21 came out run 3 more laps and my frekin pc crashed for the second race in a row that about somes it up, great win Bilbo you da man, still very fun while it lasted
"Infinite Diversity" In "Infinite Possibilities"