NA Monaco race, post your comments here...

Public topics, anyone can read/write.
Bilbo
NAR administrator

NA Monaco race, post your comments here...

Post by Bilbo »

The server replay and results files can be downloaded here:

Qual results: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... o_Qual.xml
Race results: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... o_Race.xml
Replays: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... Monaco.zip (15MB, contains race and qual. replays)
League stats: Click here for the NAR stats
Web-stats: Click here for stats!
2010 NA div. Admin
Flow
Spam kingpin
Favorite team: Minardi
Are you a spam bot?: No

Re: NA Monaco race, post your comments here...

Post by Flow »

Qualif 2nd, yeah, great, but if you dont finish the race, then it worth noting...

My son changed keys on my wheel this afternoon, i set it all to be Ok,but i forgot LC, had a false start, tried to remove back to position, but was too late... had a drive trough, but when i notice pit guy with sign, i tought it was a 10sec penality, they start to change my tire... pit out, ... lost concentration and hit wall, anyway i was going to be DQ at end of the lap.

Stupid thing :cry:

Sorry for disturbing all that need to move around me, i think this was the side effect of what occured at T1. :?
NAR.F1 driver
SteveB
NAR administrator
Favorite team: Ferrari

Post by SteveB »

JIMMY I AM SOOOOOOOO SORRY !!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

Kaali

Post by Kaali »

Made it to lap 29 and was ready to pit but between 3rd and 2nd last corner I made a mistake, maybe I made a wheel spin or panicked because Mario Jr lapped me twice (damn he is fast and consistent!), so I hit the walls, not hard though but enough to make my engine stall. Pitcrew was ready for my first stop but no luck today. I had a good feeling today and even though I was really slow (fluctuating between 18's and 20's all the time) I made it to 4th place from 11th. Crazy track and good players.Ok see you next at track.
but i forgot LC
Is LC allowed?
It's not hard, when you know how......
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

Is LC allowed?
09 direction were to let driver decide. In euro, they were an between driver agreement to not use it. Discussion were done about it, up to now, no official anouncement if the decision is to ban it or still let driver use it. Unless i mist an official post about it and untill its up to driver to decide, i will use it as per "permission" given to use it at begining of season.

Refering to this :
We only tolerate Launch Control (LC) because it can't be easily disabled..
SteveB, you were not lucky, i think you slide on the left wall and it kick you in the middle pack that was entering T1, that make it 20$, as 5$ per car crash at T1, but too bad, Mario was already out of T1 :wink: Ok il just try to practice to be faster, cause none seem to stop Mario. Already, fixing my pedal right before race, helped me to be faster, i was loosing 10% of trottle cause of a glitch in parts that were moving. :D
NAR.F1 driver
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

Is LC allowed?
It is allowed but Euro division have a gentleman's agreement about not using it. No problem about using it in NA div. as long as you know how to use it properly.
2010 NA div. Admin
Ruben Miranda

Post by Ruben Miranda »

Hello
Man made it threw the carnage at T1 then a few laps later I had to climp the curb and rub the wall to get around someone that spun in the turn before the tunnel.
then it was keep it on track laying in 4th at this time then drivers starting dropping like flies. :lol:
after a few laps found myself 2nd for the logest time just pushing and pushing tring to keep Bilbo behind me. Then we pitted at the same time it was all about who gets out first.
I beat him out and pushed to get some breathing room but pushed to hard and got some damage.
Then it was a fight to keep it on the track then I made even a bigger mistake lost front wing plus some front suspension damage pitted for that but it was even harder to drive.
But I should have kept pushing because when I backed off to bring it home I hit even more stuff.

Then on lap 71 I think I really hit the wall and the left front wheel went flying :lol:
I was going to do a Vettle and keep driving I really wanted to finish but I pitted just to see if it would fix it but no still no front tire I pitted out and said ok I am 2nd at Monaco and in the 90% that is good enough to take it and be proud.

Nice Racing Bilbo Congrates

Hitman 8)
I might not be fast, But I am ahead of you.
Ruben Hitman Miranda
Fred

Post by Fred »

Flow wrote: had a drive trough, but when i notice pit guy with sign, i tought it was a 10sec penality,
Same thing happened to me last year in Spain. Really annoying, definetly a bug that needs fixing for rFactor 2.
Once you go Mac, you never go back.
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

FredN wrote:Same thing happened to me last year in Spain. Really annoying, definetly a bug that needs fixing for rFactor 2.
Maybe because we are not use to the icon of the penality meaning. I will make some test and see what is the difference and we will make some instruction about it. It could help some other drivers. It end up my race last night, was my last lap to serve my penality and i pit instead, and when i exit, another warning, i was shure i was going to be DQ at end of lap, but i should of test if the pit work could of give me an extra lap under penality... many thing to test.
NAR.F1 driver
dutch power
NAR administrator

Post by dutch power »

Its always a drive trough, stop and go has been out since a long time already again. :lol:
Regards,
Mark Aalberts

#99 Greg Moore april 22, 1975—October 31, 1999 (you will never be forgoten http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqxOecWC ... re=related)
Fred

Post by Fred »

Now that you say it Mark... :lol: The stop and go penalty was really out of proportion for most rule breaches. Mostly it was like getting 1 year in prison for stealing a chocolate bar or something.
Once you go Mac, you never go back.
mario proietti jr

Post by mario proietti jr »

hi guys :)
first of all,,, congratulation bilbo for the win :twisted: and hitman for the p2 and sorry to not be there to support at the end of the race last nite lollll i saw ur litle message on the chat room lolll
well for me qualy was good ,i did pole on my first try and it was not the best lap to be honnest but happy to start at front row
the race start and i manage to keep my position b4 t1,i did it and i start to do my race ,my tm8 was in p2 and at that moent i was hoping for a 1-2 finish hehe but ity didnt happen lolll after 10 lap the gap was about 20- 25 sec i was pushin just a bit to open a good gap cuz i was not sur about my tm8 strategy i was sur that he was on 2 stopper while i was on 3 so i was trying to have enought time to spare my 3rd pit but on lap 11 i think jeff dissapear of my lcd,after that ,i lap everybody so atm i was more then a min in front then i said to me ,,ok now relaxe :mrgreen: bad thing to do or maybe the best thing to do to loose concentration lollll cuz on lap 34 i guess kaali hit the wall like he said in previous post and i run on part of is car and i blew up left front tire, lucky i was it happen just near the pit entrance ,get in pit to change the tire get out in front and then,i lost complete contact whit the race i start to think about pit, fuel ,tire, averytin except taking care at the entrance of the pool i hit the wall whit the rear end of the car damage front and rear suspension and rear wing (( fuck the wall was callin my name all the time ffs mmmmmm......mmmmmmmmario mmmmmmmarioooooo) :lol: so i get in pit and i have to w8 50 sec to repare and btw YES THEY CHANGE REAR WING but when i got out of that pit the car was impossible to drive my wheel was at 12;30 am so i decide to kill my self at the exit of the tunnel heheheh
cya next time fellas
Coffeemachine

Post by Coffeemachine »

mario proietti jr wrote:hi guys :)
so i decide to kill my self at the exit of the tunnel heheheh
cya next time fellas
always worth going out in style!
i've started parking in the pits instead, its quite fun. dont know why all the real drivers are so angry about it :)
[12:19:47]Dropkick: somebody tried to mug me once
[12:19:59]Dropkick: but i was so drunk i did not understand
mario proietti jr

Post by mario proietti jr »

hehe kaffe yeah ur right lolll :lol:
carrera

Post by carrera »

Well that was a race to forget yet again.
I'm glad I was at the back though as there was wings and carbon fibre parts and wheels everywhere on the first corner.
Poor Boon made it to the last hard right corner and stalled his car before he finished his first lap.I made it 8 laps and the
wall as callin my name like Marios wall was calling him.for me it was....Heeeeerrrreeeeeee......ssssstttttoooopid.....hhhhheeeerrrreeee.....ssssstttoooooopidddd.
that first wall on the first corner we all hate because the frikkin contractor put a kink in it...Union workers...pppfffttttt....
Anyway special congratulations to HITMAN for sticking it out and getting second place....Bilbo well...he just lucked out.. :lol: :lol: ....
ok that was a joke but a good one eh?(canadian slang).
Congrats to Bilobo as well.....LOL...as he got his christmas present early.....very early....
carrera 8) 8) 8)
Quote"Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl 'Will you marry me?' The girl said, 'NO!' And the guy lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and went fishing and hunting and played golf a lot and drank beer .The end""
carrera

Post by carrera »

Bilobol....blibbo.....WHatever....pffftttt.....
I am officially tired....ROFL....and maybe ...old....nahhhhh
carrera 8) 8) 8)
Quote"Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl 'Will you marry me?' The girl said, 'NO!' And the guy lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and went fishing and hunting and played golf a lot and drank beer .The end""
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

Thanks everyone for the nice words. Yeah, I got lucky big time in magnificent Monaco. Idon't remember ever having a good result there and last year was the worst of the worst of my worst races ever (took out Mario who was leading 8 laps in front of me in the runoff zone at T1 after we both missed the turn maybe 10 laps from the end of the race; I still wake up screaming at night since this nightmare race). In this context, I was coming to Monaco this season with the simple goal of finishing the race, not taking anyone out with me if I didn't, and maybe, just maybe, maybe enjoy the race too... :oops:

To begin with, I slightly improved my race set PB in the pre-race practice, which always leaves me in a so-so mood: I'm happy to have improved but can't help thinking that I've wasted that perfectly good lap at a time when it's totally useless and it might never come back again... :?

My qualifying time was okay but I expected it to put me closer to the back (I was mentally prepared to start this race from the back row). As I mentioned already, I was coming to this race with not much expectations and was actually quite serene that whatever happens, happens and that's it. I took an easy start, got lucky to not hit any major car pieces at T1 and some people took the opportunity to pass me, which I was totally at easy with. This is (was) Monaco, a VERY long race... So I find myself behind Doris, who acted (or so it seemed when it happened) as my personal snow plow through the wreckage at the tunnel entrance. :) After that, I find myself glued to Doris's back and keeping the pressure on him while trying to still be safe (I wasn't looking for all-out performance at this race and I was NOT going to fight for any position).

After maybe 10 laps of this, he hit a wall and had to pit, clearing my way so I could annoy Hitman next. That was absolutely great until we made it to our simultaneous first pitstop, where the team held me for 21 seconds for "repairs" (I mean, come on, all the parts are still attached to the car, go away with your duct tape and just let me go!), which gave Hitman the advantage. After that, I was pushing a bit to make up the time (5-6 seconds, IIRC) but made a mistake and lost the front wing and bent the suspension a bit. That was on lap 30 and close to the pits so, since a mistake never comes alone, I make a quick mental calculation and figure that if I take on 38 laps worth of fuel, I can make it to the end. I like those kind of challenges that make you push your limits; I had never tried a run longer than 26 laps (and some people were calling me crazy for even attempting 26 laps stints! :wink: ).

Now, the engineers among you have probably realized already that 30+38=68, not 78, but in my excitation I only realized that AFTER I was out from the pits. I still decided to make the best of it, going extra careful this time because of both the extra weight and to try to "save" the tyres a bit. We were only 3 or 4 in the races at that point so it was barely a "race" anymore. At some point I noticed Kaali exiting, then saw the end of Mario's spectacular death (sorry, I was a bit late and just saw the car and pieces raining down). Closer to the end, Hitman had his accident, I passed him while he was fixing it in the pits. We were still on the same lap when he came out but I guess my car was less damaged than his because I was gaining on him. I was sometimes going pretty slowly as the gap raised to ~1 minute because I did not really have the intention to lap him unless he really made me do it. I believe that happened when he had his second accident and soon after exited the race. Thankfully, there were then only a handful of laps to go, otherwise I would probably not have made it to the end.

Thanks to Hitman for keeping me company almost to the end and congrats for a well-deserved P2. Thanks to all who participated, no matter for how long :wink: and finally, a big thanks to SteveB for the track and sharing that great car setup. The set was definitely faster than I showed in the race but it made the job and I could drive it with confidence even with a damaged suspension at Monaco, of all places! 8)

See you all in Turkey for a totally different experience! :D
2010 NA div. Admin
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

Oh, and I forgot to thank my mother and father, without whom I would not be here! :lol:
2010 NA div. Admin
SteveB
NAR administrator

Post by SteveB »

NP Bilbo :) and CONGRATS on winning at MONACO.

CONGRATS to Hitman for 2nd..... WELL DONE GUYS !!!!
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

aawil

Post by aawil »

Well I had my best quali of the year, not a surprise to me cause monaco was the only thing I was looking forward too. T1 was a bit crazy and I managed to loose back the 2 spots I gained and really just wanted to calm down and get down to business. Sadly Juan spun at the entrance to the tunnel and I had nowhere to go. Sorry Juan but not much I could do. I tried to take my damaged car back to the pits twice but the pit crew was never in pitlane to service the car even after I requested a stop. I stalled it in pitlane thinking I could restart it but it didn't work for some reason. I was hoping to turn things around at monaco but I doubt I'll bother doing much practicing the rest of the season. I'm finding I have little motivation to bother at this point.