Euro 2009 Catalunya race, comment here

Public topics, anyone can read/write.
Peter Sojda

Euro 2009 Catalunya race, comment here

Post by Peter Sojda »

Great race for me!!!!!!!!!!! I pass about 50 metres and I'm very happy for this. This my one of best race in history ;/
In start I see crash in front of me, then I go carefully and slow, then someone hit me on ass and thats all history. Sorry for talking in race
SCUDERIA FERRARI F1 TEAM
Mr G

Re: Euro 2009 Catalunya race, comment here

Post by Mr G »

THANKS NORBI !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
NAR Vodafone McLaren Mercedes

Racer
NAR administrator

Post by Racer »

i was doing great like Trulli Train, Kalimero was behind me faster but not fast enough gheheh i love it, so my Ingo Train was doing great,
suddenly i saw no more Cars on track, damn conection crash. :evil: :shock: :?

well lets see in Monaco, :wink:
dutch power
NAR administrator

Post by dutch power »

Only thing i had to do was to finish. Threw a certain 3th place in the trashcan :? I had avatar 35secs in front of me and Drago 30secs behind me, just needed to finish the race and took the points home. But for some reasons i crashed the car in the wall, doesnt happen that often to me, guess i lost some concentration or something.
Regards,
Mark Aalberts

#99 Greg Moore april 22, 1975—October 31, 1999 (you will never be forgoten http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqxOecWC ... re=related)
Fred

Post by Fred »

My best ever qualifying I think, got the time I knew was the best I could do on my first flyer :)

Mark was way too quick off the line, took both me and Avatar but braked slightly late in the first corner which was pretty crucial for my winning aspirations.
Got a gap to him in some laps, and then something happened to him which made Avatar claim second. Then I thought my race was pretty much over :lol: I thought he would catch me in a heartbeat, given how he has performed in the previous races. But that wasn't the case to my delight lol :P I actually managed to increase the gap before the first stop, and I was pretty confident that I could keep up with him on a fresh set of tyres on the last laps before his first stop.
I did, and the second stint I wasn't pushing that much but still opened a huge gap thanks to Avatars tyres. From then on it was all about cruising to the finish line and save fuel and engine.

Great job by all finishers, and the lapped cars did a fantastic job when moving aside. Really great.

What I don't understand is WHY PEOPLE TALK WHEN IT IS CLEARLY SAID BEFORE THE RACE THAT YOU DO NOT EVER TALK DURING THE RACE :?
It is extremely disturbing, even just one single word. Especially when you are in the fastest corner of the track.
I mean come on. It's the easiest rule to follow, just stay the hell off the keyboard when the race is under way.
It's not necessary to write that you are unhappy with someone else during the race, you have this forum for that purpose! So please don't do it again :roll:

Cya in Monaco,
Fred
Last edited by Fred on 22 May 2009, 10:15, edited 3 times in total.
Once you go Mac, you never go back.
Norbi123

Post by Norbi123 »

Really srry G25, I know I touched you just a LITTLE, but it was enough tu spin you, I was driving with serious damaged FR suspension, and I had too push, becaouse Jim Parisis, was just behind me so if I was faster than you I couldn't stay behind you;/. Well it was really unfortunately that I had to pass you with very hard handling car. It was my first race in my NAR history when I touched someone and made him spin, really srry.

Race was very unlucky for me. I had good qualy but after lights turned off, my pc frozen for 3 sec, and when it frozen out I was on grass. Later when I was behind G25, He broke earlier on last shicane so I had too block my rear wheels to avoid contact, then I spuned out and Dan couldn't avoid me so he hited me. I lost front wing and FR suspension was seriously damaged, but not so much to quit the race. I also had problems with medium tires, almost blow them on every stint, I'm glad to be on finish line. Congratulations for Fredrik and everyone who made it to the end.
Mr G

Post by Mr G »

[quote="Norbi123"]Really srry G25, I know I touched you just a LITTLE, but it was enough tu spin you, I was driving with serious damaged FR suspension, and I had too push, becaouse Jim Parisis, was just behind me so if I was faster than you I couldn't stay behind you;/. Well it was really unfortunately that I had to pass you with very hard handling car. It was my first race in my NAR history when I touched someone and made him spin, really srry.

Thats all well and good but you were a lapped car I was going to let you pass on the straight were it was safe !!
you had just court me up u dont just charge in !!! at first corner we come to.
I was in my race too (for Points finsh) looking after my barkes and car for the last stint. Really poor driving :(
bit more care when coming up to someone you not even racing.

And Im your teammate :wink:

Just Take More care out there :)
NAR Vodafone McLaren Mercedes

Norbi123

Post by Norbi123 »

I agree with you, if I only knew you would let me pass I wouldn't be atacking, one more time really srry mate;/

Post by Avatar »

Quite a strange race for me - I had practiced earlier in the week but I didn't manage to test any long runs to check fuel usage and tyre wear, so going into the race I wasn't sure what to expect over a stint. Unfortunately it seems I tried to get one lap too many out of the Medium tyres and the left rear failed on the final lap of my first stint - I lost a lot of time there.

I was happy to qualify second, but it seems Mark must've had KERS installed between races - he got an amazing start!

I managed to stay with Mark for the early laps but Fred was pulling away from both of us. I was hoping to close the gap to Fred as he pitted 3 laps before me, but I had the tyre failure issue and ended up even further behind. I drove more conservatively in my second stint (to save the tyres) and I pretty much settled for second place. Fred was just too consistently quick lap after lap.

The rest of my race was quite boring but I'm really pleased to finish second.

Grats to everyone who finished and to Fred for a commanding win.

It's Monaco next... possibly my worst ever circuit, so I'm not expecting much there. :?
dutch power
NAR administrator

Post by dutch power »

Are we allowed to use LC by the way??? I used LC for the start of the race but now thinking about it i believe we are not allowed to use it right?? If so im sorry for that, in a different league LC is allowed so i didnt even thought about it that it is not allowed and i just used it tonight. :? Sorry.
Regards,
Mark Aalberts

#99 Greg Moore april 22, 1975—October 31, 1999 (you will never be forgoten http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqxOecWC ... re=related)
Fred

Post by Fred »

dutch power wrote:Are we allowed to use LC by the way??? I used LC for the start of the race but now thinking about it i believe we are not allowed to use it right?? If so im sorry for that, in a different league LC is allowed so i didnt even thought about it that it is not allowed and i just used it tonight. :? Sorry.
That explains a great deal :lol: No we don't use it :P
Once you go Mac, you never go back.
Racer
NAR administrator

Post by Racer »

FredN wrote:
dutch power wrote:Are we allowed to use LC by the way??? I used LC for the start of the race but now thinking about it i believe we are not allowed to use it right?? If so im sorry for that, in a different league LC is allowed so i didnt even thought about it that it is not allowed and i just used it tonight. :? Sorry.

we dont use it but its impossible to take it out, thats wy its up to the driver to use it or not, But there was a Driver Agreement that we not gonna used, 8) :)
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

2010 NA div. Admin
Drago(ITA)

Post by Drago(ITA) »

During practice session before race with low fuel i was able to take my race pace from 1:22 to 1:21 , which was a great improvement for me, even if i didn't really get how i improved :shock:
The race was nice at the beginning when after a bad start i saw a mess in front of me, and i just tried to avoid the cars on track. After few turns i realised i was the last wagon of the famous "Orient-Ingo-Express" train :) .
Ingo decided to disappear, but had great fun with Kalimero for some laps untill finally was able to overtake him at turn 1. After that it was an alone race till the end.....
It was an unexpected 3rd place (lapped btw) dued more to luck than to my driving skill :) .
Cu at monaco.
Coffeemachine

Post by Coffeemachine »

Ingo wrote:
FredN wrote:

we dont use it but its impossible to take it out, thats wy its up to the driver to use it or not, But there was a Driver Agreement that we not gonna used, 8) :)
no but thats just not right IMHO. its VERY easy for a admin to watch the replay of the start and just check if anyone used LC, and by doing so we can just forbid the use. would be much easier to just add it to the rules - as there was a drivers agreement. It would just clarify everyting :)

Sorry i missed this one. Avatar you said your not on terms with monaco...well it seems cataluña is my akilles heel. i was way off pace anyway !

grats to all the finishes, and grats fred for the win.
[12:19:47]Dropkick: somebody tried to mug me once
[12:19:59]Dropkick: but i was so drunk i did not understand
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

kaffemaskin wrote:its VERY easy for a admin to watch the replay of the start and just check if anyone used LC, and by doing so we can just forbid the use.
Please care to educate us admins into how to VERY EASILY, and with 100% certainty, detect LC usage using the replay. You don't see the flashing lights on the steering wheels in the replay and I fail to see how you could compare the actual launch of a car using LC with another not using it but having a very good start...

I'm waiting for your answer because we admins are VERY interested in knowing that. Thanks in advance.
2010 NA div. Admin
dutch power
NAR administrator

Post by dutch power »

I believe you can see it on the revs somehow i thought.

I just want to clarify something though, i didnt used LC on purpose, it was a mistake on my behalf as i forgot about it. Has to do with the other league where we use it, and recently i started to drive there to so it became a habit. I used it yesterday to without thinking about it. I only realized it when Avatar talked about my start after the race here.

So my apoliges, will not happen agian. :oops:
Regards,
Mark Aalberts

Flow
Spam kingpin
Favorite team: Minardi
Are you a spam bot?: No

Post by Flow »

Anyway, you can use your rev liminter to start untill you fell the car is stable and release it and whoosh, you on your way! This is legal, and your almost shure to not spun, unless you use it badly. Unless a rule say that is not legal, and you can see it on replay. Before we used LC i was using that. In NA division, we let use LC, cause this way, we have cleaner start (and even with that...) less carnage, untill T1, hahaha
NAR.F1 driver
Coffeemachine

Post by Coffeemachine »

Bilbo wrote:
kaffemaskin wrote:its VERY easy for a admin to watch the replay of the start and just check if anyone used LC, and by doing so we can just forbid the use.
Please care to educate us admins into how to VERY EASILY, and with 100% certainty, detect LC usage using the replay. You don't see the flashing lights on the steering wheels in the replay and I fail to see how you could compare the actual launch of a car using LC with another not using it but having a very good start...

I'm waiting for your answer because we admins are VERY interested in knowing that. Thanks in advance.

sure, no problem. you can see the revs while watching the replay, and with LC a car will rev exactly 10285 rpm or someting like that. Should anyone (doenst seem llike a very good idea :) ) use the rev limiter it will rev somewhere around 8300. so, very easy and 100% secure since no one is able to hold a rev at exatly one number for any amount of seconds.

edit: i dont think anyone wants to cheat anyway... and i do realise that you could, if you wanted to, start with no revs and still use LC in an attempt to cheat. But im sure thats detecteble too if you just watch the replay in slow motion, since the computer will modulate the revs in a certain way that a foot won't.
[12:19:47]Dropkick: somebody tried to mug me once
[12:19:59]Dropkick: but i was so drunk i did not understand