NA China race, post your comments here...

Public topics, anyone can read/write.
Bilbo
NAR administrator

NA China race, post your comments here...

Post by Bilbo »

The server replay and results files can be downloaded here:

Qual results: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... a_Qual.xml
Race results: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... a_Race.xml
Replays: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... _China.zip (23.2MB, contains race and qual. replays)
League stats: Click here for the NAR stats
Web-stats: Click here for stats!

Web-stats appear to be working again, enjoy while it lasts!
Last edited by Bilbo on 22 Apr 2009, 00:31, edited 2 times in total.
2010 NA div. Admin
SteveB
NAR administrator
Favorite team: Ferrari

Re: NA China race, post your comments here...

Post by SteveB »

Well my Qualy went pretty good 4th on the grid. :)

My race...well....I got off the line GREAT and didn't even make it to T1 and the game locked up
yet again.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

It took everything I had not to bring my PC outside and run over it a few thousand times.
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

Steve

Post by Steve »

Hmm, finished 8th, I'll take the poinT, haha, Aaron and I had a really good battle for several laps, wish it could have continued, the last 3/4 of the race I was pretty much alone...
I may be slow, but at least I'm consistantly slow !
aawil

Post by aawil »

Well all I practiced was about 2 hours before the race so I wasn't expecting much. Thanks Bilbo for the setup by the way. I got a good start but whoever was in front of me didn't and I slowed up and lost a few spots. As Steve said we battled for quite a while on two separate occasions I think. Steve's car was a hair better down the straight and it seemed like he got a better run out of corners. It made overtaking very difficult. As the race progressed towards the 2nd pitstop Hitman was right in front of me. We both came into the pits together. After exiting hitman lost it on the curbs a few corners into the out lap and I kinda t-boned him. I must have made a mistake or something and we were dog fighting for that 7th position. Down the long straight I braked checked the gap and it was .5 so I turned in to take the corner and he was going to try it down the inside. it seemed like he caught the curb and maybe stalled? It was disappointing to see someone's race end like that quite frankly. Especially so close to the finish. Sorry m8 that it ended that way. :(
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

For me the night went much better than I expected. Just for fun, I made a low-fuel run on super softs during the pre-race practice and managed to do a 1:32.9 which is my best ever on this track. Judging from the comments, that did scare a few people! :P

Given that I was on a symmetric 2-stop strategy on the soft tyres, my qualification was unexpectedly good in P3 as I was really expecting to start mid-field due to the tyres and heavier fuel load than many other cars that I knew were on 3 stops and generally faster than me in practice.

The race start was good but I did exchange a few positions back and forth during the first lap due to mistakes on cold brakes and tyres. From lap 1 to about mid-race I was racing Jimmy Vachon and while we swapped positions a few times, we were always within 2 seconds of each other so it was quite intense. After Jimmy dropped out of the race, it was a bit lonely on the track but I couldn't relax much as both Juan and Carrera were not far behind. I could only try to keep the ~5-6 seconds gap with Carrera until the end.

Thanks to everyone who participated, we have nice participation so far this season. Congrats to all those who finished, it's nice to have more drivers still going at the end than there are points being given! 8) :wink:
2010 NA div. Admin
Steve

Post by Steve »

Yeah, we had 10 finishers, that is the most that I can remember for a LONG time. I just wish I could have finished a few spots higher, haha
I may be slow, but at least I'm consistantly slow !
Ruben Miranda

Post by Ruben Miranda »

Hello
Again good to race with everyone

My race was not bad really
I bumped a couple of times and that made the car a little unstable as where I expected the car to be good it was'int where it was not that good it was just bad. But I managed had a great fight going with a few guys.
Flow and I think Boon but me and Arron where really fighting it out what seemed like for ever :lol:
Great driving Arron.
My race ended when I made a pass move on Arron at the secound to last corner got by him and over pushed and spun and slide in to the wall losing my F wing and I either flaten a tire or lost one I tried to get back to the pits to see if I could get fixed up but I pulled a Hamilton and it was over.

By the Way SteveB when you are not doing anything :lol: Joke get it a joke.
the sand trap where I and Hamilton got stuck it seems to be much lower then the track (not sure I am explain it right.)
But before that I got high sited there and could not get off.

Any way great fun and some great racing.
Cu at the next one.
Hitman 8)
I might not be fast, But I am ahead of you.
Ruben Hitman Miranda
mario proietti jr

Post by mario proietti jr »

hi guys :D
for me it was a superb week end ,i did a hat trick in china wich for me was a suprise cuz i didnt drive at all since last week and my set up was really bad too so i was not expecting to finish top 3 for sur :P in free session i was still workin on race set and strategy at that moment i didnt know what i was going to do for the race and the fuel quantity versus laps was unknow and i ask juanG about it (thkx m8 for answering me) then i decide to do 3 stopper of 60 liters each wich it was ok cuz i finish the race whit 50 liters in board hehehe. All the time we were in free session the set up was not so bad but it was not workin the way i like and then we move to qualy and just before we switch i change a few thing in the set up and i hit the track like that whit out knowing how tha car is handling ,result of that change,the car was oversteer more then before (iwas in bad mood lolll ) but i did the pole and i was really suprise and very happy.We move to warm up and i was looking at the only change i can make on the set cuz it was shit to do a complet race whit a car handling that way .I change the asymetric and start the race,for the first half stint i was feeling the pressur of juanG but after a few laps i started to see where i was gaining on him and start to push a bit to open a gap cuz i knew that i was on 3 pit and some other on 2 so i was needing about 30 sec gap to be safe ,i did the job 8) for the rest of the race i just concentrate and stay focus for not doing any mistake and bring back the car home and safe,the last change i did on the set was the right thing to do cuz the car was perfect to drive.It was really cool to have more driver at the end and to see more driver as long as the race go by was helping me to keep me in the race cuz i was alone and its easy to do mistake when ur alone ,i did the fastet lap in 1,32,7 but i think i run wide just abit in last corner sry for that,i have a race pace in 1,33 wich it was 1 sec slower that i can do in race pace but i wanna be sur to bring the car back .
i want to say congratulation to all driver who finish the race and the podium
oh btw i forgot to say thkx you very much to all guys that i lap in this race u did clear the line very well thkx again
SteveB
NAR administrator

Post by SteveB »

Thanks Hitman I will check it and fix it for next season :)
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

Christian Laforce

Post by Christian Laforce »

Very Happy , Finally i finish a race lol. A good start but in the first corner one car touch me and i spin. This think put me to a long battle with Bones, Steve, Flow and for all position. 5 at the end very happy
Flow
Spam kingpin
Favorite team: Minardi
Are you a spam bot?: No

Post by Flow »

Christian Laforce wrote:This think put me to a long battle with Bones, Steve, Flow and for all position. 5 at the end very happy
Yeah, send me 5$ on paypall for the stole of my position on the last corner (end of straight) on last lap!!! :evil: :lol: you did the inside and i was expecting cutting the corner behind you and get you on the accel, but i was afraid of a contact and didnt i prefer loosing 1 pos than ending the race there. Good move on me, i looked like a beginner on that last corner. :shock: :lol:
NAR.F1 driver
aawil

Post by aawil »

I'm surprised nobody picked up the work of the fellow who started the webstats. I must say I rather miss them. :(
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

Actually, if you look back to the first post, you'll notice that web-stats are back! 8)

These stats are not hosted by NAR though so there's no telling if or how long they'll remain accessible.

I'll update the other race results from this season for both NA and Euro in a few hours.
2010 NA div. Admin