CHINA Euro Race 09 Result

Public topics, anyone can read/write.

CHINA Euro Race 09 Result

Post by Avatar »

Disconnected in the middle of my second stint.

I can't believe it.

Can't type any more right now, can't believe it happened. And after a couple of minutes my connection started working again. That's nice of it.
Fred

Re: CHINA Euro Race 09 Result

Post by Fred »

I feel for you Avatar :(

My race started bad and got worse. Got a good start and tried to squeeeeze myself between the pitwall and Mark, but the wall slowed me down...

Dropped some more places because of it, and when I was gonna line up Norbi in T4, I went over the little kerb on the inside of the crest before T4, and my car got stuck on it, I spun into the wall, and TADA. My left front pointed in the wrong direction. I could have limped back to the pits and try to fix it, but I just didn't wanted to. So I retired.

Anyway, you did very well there once again Avatar, better luck next time!

EDIT: My race would finish the same way even if I chose to continue. Just like last time in qualifying at Sepang, my computer froze so I had to reboot. You get sick of it don't ya...
Once you go Mac, you never go back.
dutch power
NAR administrator

Post by dutch power »

O well a race to forget i guess, positive point is probably that neither of us 3 scored points today then. :)

Anyway Qualy i screwed up my second hotlap, it was verry marginal within 1 tent from Avatar made a massive slide in the last hairpin and knew i wouldnt catch his time. If it wasn't for the mistake i probably could have snatch the pole away with a tent perhaps.

Then the race i made a horrible start felt back to i think 8th 9th place or something, so had to do a lot of overtaking. I saw Fred going over the curb sending him off to the wall (bad luck m8 looked realy unfortunate there). After that i overtook a few drivers and ended up with Kaffe and Pascal, that battle basicly ruined my engine. Ive been driving marginal engine settings, it lasted the first 2 rounds but aparantly its not good enough to drive in traffic. Also they seemed to have a higher topspeed on the straights so about 500meters i was constantly in the red. :lol: Also the long straight was the only oportunitie to overtake pascal and kaffe wich took me quite a lot of laps and putting them under pressure both made some mistakes helping me to pass them. But damage was done after about 8 laps of battling. I was able to drive away from them made up a gap from 14 seconds in about 10 laps i think then a few laps after the pitstops it was over and engine blew up. :mrgreen:

Cu next round and grats to whoever have won the race.
Regards,
Mark Aalberts

#99 Greg Moore april 22, 1975—October 31, 1999 (you will never be forgoten http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqxOecWC ... re=related)
Peter Sojda

Post by Peter Sojda »

Good race for me !!! :D But I can't keep qual tempo in race :( Again fight whit G25, that is tradition for me :D
Good luck in next Race!!!
Last edited by Peter Sojda on 20 Apr 2009, 14:04, edited 1 time in total.
SCUDERIA FERRARI F1 TEAM
Norbi123

Post by Norbi123 »

Same problem here Piotr, I should be half second faster on every lap but dunno why, no metter how I pushed on, it didn't work. By the way, great race, no biger mistakes, no crashes:) Congratulations for everyone who made it to the end.

Post by Avatar »

FredN wrote:I feel for you Avatar :(

My race started bad and got worse. Got a good start and tried to squeeeeze myself between the pitwall and Mark, but the wall slowed me down...

Dropped some more places because of it, and when I was gonna line up Norbi in T4, I went over the little kerb on the inside of the crest before T4, and my car got stuck on it, I spun into the wall, and TADA. My left front pointed in the wrong direction. I could have limped back to the pits and try to fix it, but I just didn't wanted to. So I retired.

Anyway, you did very well there once again Avatar, better luck next time!
Thanks Fred.

Yeah that curb is awful, just sends the car off the track - i hit it badly once in practice.

I feel a bit better now, just so disappointed that the connection went off. I think it could have been a comfortable win today.

Strange how none of us three scored points today - it's as if it was fate or something. :?
Mr G

Post by Mr G »

Another great race with piotr nice racing mate :D
I have the same problem in practise i was doing low 1.34 even mid 1.33 with race fuel but in race i couldnt get under 1.35 nevermind :D
I tried a 3 stopper with super softs but didnt have pace during race :(

Well done too coffee for win and to all finishers

Avatar I feel bad for you i had it once with a power cut makes you mad :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
NAR Vodafone McLaren Mercedes

Norbi123

Post by Norbi123 »

Well I found why I had today lap times problems >>DON'T BUY MOMO WHEEL SHIT<< I think my pedals are damaged, very often I lose 5% acceleration when I push gas pedal to max, then I need to reconect the wheel to start working well again. That happend to me today @ race, on replay without fuel I was 1km/h slower on main straigh than with with full fuel and good working pedals;/ I went after race to single player and tested the wheel, when I reconnect the wheel I was 1 sec. faster on each lap;o;/ What can I do with that, any solutions?? I've got my wheel 5 months.
Coffeemachine

Post by Coffeemachine »

Norbi123 wrote:Well I found why i have speed problems, >>DON'T BUY MOMO WHEEL SHIT<<, I think my pedals are damaged, very often I lose 5% acceleration when I push gas pedal to max, then I need to reconect the wheel to start working well again. That happend to me today @ race, without fuel I was 1km/h slower on main straigh than with with full fuel and good working pedals;/ I went after race to single player and tested the wheel, when I reconnect the wheel I was 1 sec. faster on each lap;o What can I do with that, any solutions??
i have even crappier pedals, what i did was i put someting under the accelerator whilst calibrating it - so that it could only move like 90% of the total range, so when i press the accelerator i have that extra centimeter if the glitch would occur. Not sure what your pedals are doing, but that helps me.
[12:19:47]Dropkick: somebody tried to mug me once
[12:19:59]Dropkick: but i was so drunk i did not understand
Norbi123

Post by Norbi123 »

Have you also got Momo Wheel? How did you put that? Arghh fucking shit, lost 3rd maybe even second position in race.
Coffeemachine

Post by Coffeemachine »

Norbi123 wrote:Have you also got Momo Wheel? How did you put that? Arghh fucking shit, lost 3rd maybe even second position in race.
i put 2 poker chips under the accelerator, calibrated it, then took them away..
no i have some crappy logitech ones. momos are luxury compared to these :)
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

The server replay and results files can be downloaded here:

Qual results: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... a_Qual.xml
Race results: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... a_Race.xml
Replay: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... _China.zip (15.4MB)
League stats: Click here.
Web-stats: Click here for stats!

Edit: Web-stats.
Last edited by Bilbo on 22 Apr 2009, 04:20, edited 1 time in total.
2010 NA div. Admin
Fred

Post by Fred »

kaffemaskin wrote: i put 2 poker chips under the accelerator, calibrated it, then took them away..
no i have some crappy logitech ones. momos are luxury compared to these :)
MacGyver :lol:
Once you go Mac, you never go back.

Post by Avatar »

Grats for the win Kaffe, and well done to my team mate for a great second place. :)

I'm listed as having a gearbox problem in the results, not sure where the game got that from.

Post by Avatar »

Norbi123 wrote:Well I found why I had today lap times problems >>DON'T BUY MOMO WHEEL SHIT<< I think my pedals are damaged, very often I lose 5% acceleration when I push gas pedal to max, then I need to reconect the wheel to start working well again. That happend to me today @ race, on replay without fuel I was 1km/h slower on main straigh than with with full fuel and good working pedals;/ I went after race to single player and tested the wheel, when I reconnect the wheel I was 1 sec. faster on each lap;o;/ What can I do with that, any solutions?? I've got my wheel 5 months.
This is a known problem with the logitech pedals Norbi - I know because I've had it myself with the Momo pedals (both black and red ones).

Here are two links which might help,

http://web.axelero.hu/mozso/momo_e5.html#

http://www.lugnutsracing.com/pedals.php
Norbi123

Post by Norbi123 »

Well if I will do that Avatar, I will lose my guaranty for the wheel? Btw I heard Saitek R660GT has very good pedals, there is no problems with them at all, and wheel is also good, what do you think about that;p

@Avatar - txns for links, I hope it will work:) I've lost 2 positions in race because of this shit, but I'm glad anyway that I made it to the end without mistakes. And I know how it hurts when you get disconnected in race:( I had it too in Australia & ROC.
Last edited by Norbi123 on 20 Apr 2009, 14:05, edited 6 times in total.
Coffeemachine

Post by Coffeemachine »

maby i should post a race summary too :)

first qualy, which worked out better than i thought it would. I knew i wouldnt stand a chanse against mark or avatar but wasnt too far behind anyway, did the "just test two-three times prior and you wont get fed up during the race" tactic and it was fine. Dont think i would have been faster driving wize anyway, obviously the setup had room for improvement.

And to the race- that ferrari of pascal came flying at the start....as always :) (Fredrik flew too but that was another category of flying). i lost it during braking into T5 or whatever its called, and that kinda screwed natxocc up quite badly. It was just so much happening with the ferrari flying through and a brief lag from my part, i forgot to feed the brake pedal. sorry about that.

anyway, that first stint was one of the funniest ones i can remember. I got stuck behind the NAR version of the trulli train, the Pacal train. And that guy just never makes errors :S exept for in that last hairpin which you never seemed to get right :) after a few laps mark joined me in there, then i spun in the hairpin and cought up a lap after, and continued to be stuck. We had a great moment with three cars wide into the hairpin, shortly after mark got trough and i promptly followed a few laps afterwards. I stuggled for pace at the end of my stint with the super softs, and only managed to open up around 3 secs to pascal in those 4ish laps, so when my mac-lousy team fueled my 80litres in 15 seconds and he pitted the same lap....i was behind again! Then luckily pascal decided to use some grass and astroturf during the acceleration to the long straight, and after being side by side from the hairpin into T3 i finally got by :) then i wasnt sure wether i would want to continue or just park it, cause i really wasnt in the mood for 35 laps alone, but when mark lost his engine and avatar dissconected (that really sucks, i know the feeling from australia, even worse in a comfy lead obviously) it would be silly not to continue. So here we are, didnt really deserve it but what the hell :) Grats to all the other finishers, and on to BAG-RAIN!!
philmax

Post by philmax »

Norbi123 wrote:Well I found why I had today lap times problems >>DON'T BUY MOMO WHEEL SHIT<< I think my pedals are damaged, very often I lose 5% acceleration when I push gas pedal to max, then I need to reconect the wheel to start working well again. That happend to me today @ race, on replay without fuel I was 1km/h slower on main straigh than with with full fuel and good working pedals;/ I went after race to single player and tested the wheel, when I reconnect the wheel I was 1 sec. faster on each lap;o;/ What can I do with that, any solutions?? I've got my wheel 5 months.

:lol: hey i have one idea you take my sidewinder microshit :lol: and i take u momo oki :wink: :mrgreen:
Jackson

Post by Jackson »

:lol: :mrgreen:

well....this was a nice race, yeah
my qualy was damn bad....i just did a 33.9, whyever but thats it...so i knew i have to get them at the start
and here we are...i did it :P after start i was second and i knew it will be damn hard to let them behind me, but it worked quite nice :)
we three had many battles wich remind me on valencia or spa (coffe you know heh? :P)
but then...i think it was lap 11 KENNY (AAAAAAAAAAARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG :twisted: :evil: ) totaly messed up the overlaping so mark was able to pass me easily -_-
then i fighted with coffee but after a while he got me....then i noticed im a bit faster with my totaly bad tires so i tried to push^^
so i got him in pit :P and it all begun againbut at this time it seemd easiyer for him to get me
after he manged it, it was a bit boring but then suddenly natox arrived in my back...and i thought holy shit why is he so fast
i didnt take a long time that he was direct behind me so it was damn hard to hold him back
finally he got me and i was third after all the retired guys (sorry for that :( )

it was a nice race
cya in bahrain ;)

ps
(you guys noticed when someone is in your slipstream and even you is getting faster? a bit strange...)
Last edited by Jackson on 20 Apr 2009, 14:25, edited 1 time in total.
philmax

Post by philmax »

for my race its not to bad i have a bad set but at finish im 5 so for me its cool ,thx g25 and piotr for very funny battle :D