China track layout..

Public topics, anyone can read/write.

China track layout..

Post by Avatar »

I had never driven China before I started practicing for this race, and I have to say it's not a very fun track to drive.

Doesn't seem to have a good flow to it, the tyres burn even faster than Sepang and there's only a couple of fast corners. On the plus side I can see how it provided good overtaking in the real F1 races.

I was wondering about the green run-off area at the exit of the final corner - is that classed as part of the track (so we can drive fully onto it) or do we need to keep two wheels on the grey tarmac? I know in Australia the green areas were considered part of the track so I thought i check if it's the same here.

Thanks.
Fred

Re: China track layout..

Post by Fred »

Last year the rule was that you must have 2 wheels on the regular gray asphalt I think.
Once you go Mac, you never go back.
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

That runoff is NOT considered part of the track. There are no exceptions to the 2-wheels-on-track rule at Shanghai.

Also, the green around the curbs in Australia was NOT part of the track either. The admins decided to be tolerant because it was the first race of the season and the first reviewed race in a while. There would have been some penalties if not for this...

Those who think the 2-wheels rule is too harsh should have joined NAR at the time when the rule was actually *4*-wheels-on-track at all times...
2010 NA div. Admin

Post by Avatar »

Bilbo wrote: Also, the green around the curbs in Australia was NOT part of the track either. The admins decided to be tolerant because it was the first race of the season and the first reviewed race in a while. There would have been some penalties if not for this...
I definitely read somewhere on here that the green curbs in Australia were considered part of the track, this was before the race took place.

Anyway, thank you for clarifying the China rule. :)
Flow
Spam kingpin
Favorite team: Minardi
Are you a spam bot?: No

Post by Flow »

Avatar wrote:Doesn't seem to have a good flow to it,
Hé, whats the problem with me? :mrgreen: :wink:

At majority of tracks, the green part after the curb are not part of track, but curb themselve are part of track. Few exception exist like France, where in front of pit, you can ride on the green tharmac.
NAR.F1 driver
natxocc

Post by natxocc »

Hi people!

I have a little problem. I have download the China V2, and have mismatch.
I have download this new gdb file http://forumserver.zapto.org/NAR/viewto ... 220#p34650 but the same problem.

Anyone can help me to show me what files I need to clear the mismatch?

Thanks!!
natxocc

Post by natxocc »

natxocc wrote:Hi people!

I have a little problem. I have download the China V2, and have mismatch.
I have download this new gdb file http://forumserver.zapto.org/NAR/viewto ... 220#p34650 but the same problem.

Anyone can help me to show me what files I need to clear the mismatch?

Thanks!!
Ok, don't problem.

Don't know how, but problem solved! :)
SteveB
NAR administrator
Favorite team: Ferrari

Post by SteveB »

good to hear Natxocc :)
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN