NA Malaysia race, post your comments here...

Public topics, anyone can read/write.
Bilbo
NAR administrator

NA Malaysia race, post your comments here...

Post by Bilbo »

The server replay and results files can be downloaded here:

Qual results: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... a_Qual.xml
Race results: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... a_Race.xml
Replays: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... laysia.zip (19.4MB, contains race and qual. replays)
League stats: Click here.
Web-stats: Click here for stats!
Last edited by Bilbo on 22 Apr 2009, 04:26, edited 2 times in total.
2010 NA div. Admin
Flow
Spam kingpin
Favorite team: Minardi
Are you a spam bot?: No

Re: NA Malaysia race, post your comments here...

Post by Flow »

Ho wow, qualif at pole was the less expected from me. I was heading for a 4-6 position, but on my last lap, i was 4, and it was fine to me, so nervosity went away and i pushed my last lap to do a kind of perfect lap for me.

The race, little fight with alot of testosterone on T1, but seem cleen. Front suspension was little damage, and exit T2 with a loss of few positions. From there, folowing and fighting SteveB, sudenly just start smoking in my face, KABOOM. That made me nervous. Then, i had open way untill Jimmy pit out of my face on his 1st stop, he had the advantage of T1. Then on his last pit out, he pit AGAIN :twisted: in my face, side by side, he won the inside... grrrrrr. We lost carrera neer 4-5 laps from the end, withc let Jimmy win at 4 sec in front of me. That was a great fight 30-35 laps long jimmy. You were tenth of sec faster then me, and it was a who will make less mistake will win. i almost could of pass you few time, but i was kept behind all the way till end. I was just hoping a lost of brake from you, lol :cry: Good finish.

Was fun to see Hitman and Xzwins on track tonight!

Congrats, more finisher than Australia!
NAR.F1 driver
SteveB
NAR administrator
Favorite team: Ferrari

Post by SteveB »

My qualy was pretty good, with 2 qualy laps left I caught XZ (I think) on track for 1 lap and had to back off. With 1 lap left to gain positions I gave it what I could
and managed 4th, I didn't expect to be there but I was happy with it.

My race start was ok approaching T1 there was a little bumping going on but nothing major.

I had Flow on my ass for a few laps then pulled away a bit then made a mistake at T5 and Flow closed the gap.
On lap 8 approaching T4 my engine blew.........I was in shock because I did a lot of stints with no engine problems and I had
my rad at 4 with 20 laps of fuel for race and practice sessions, must have been my gear ratios.
Too bad because I had a good second or third tonight..... :evil: :evil: :evil:

Congrats JIMMY and to all who finished.

C U in CHINA
Last edited by SteveB on 06 Apr 2009, 21:39, edited 2 times in total.
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

Steve

Post by Steve »

I finished !!! YAY !! haha, congrats to Jimmy, and all who managed to finish.
I may be slow, but at least I'm consistantly slow !
Ruben Miranda

Post by Ruben Miranda »

Hello
First Con grates to the Podium drivers and all who finished.

More importantly It felt so good to be back on track with all of you. Thanks GuySSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS :lol:

My Qual could have been kept over driving it so I settled in on 7th I think.

My race was very good
Got a good bump at that nasty T3 and the rear suspension was tweaked from there on.
What was funney is that the car turn left perfect but it was a hand full to turn right.
I had a great fight going with Juan Up until about 45 laps in or some where there about after that he was able to pull away.
Until Lap 54- 55 where he had to pit for fuel and gave me 4th. Thank you Juan :lol:

Being back to full lap races WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWw !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Was my Legs arms my Butt sore and I was sweating like a pig.
Dam it was fun :lol:

CU guys In China
Hitman 8)
I might not be fast, But I am ahead of you.
Ruben Hitman Miranda
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

Yé Hitman! Renault is leading the constructor champ after 2 races... lol :lol: but for how long? hiiiii :? :(
NAR.F1 driver

Post by Avatar »

Steve B wrote:On lap 8 approaching T4 my engine blew.........I was in shock because I did a lot of stints with no engine problems and I had
my rad at 4 with 20 laps of fuel for race and practice sessions, must have been my gear ratios.
I remember when you tried my Australia set with radiator 4 you said you felt like the engine was getting too hot. At the time Fred recommended a setting of 6 or 7 to be sure of reliability so I took that advice - I think 4 might not be enough. :( The gear ratios can also affect it, and sometimes lengthening the final gear can help if you are always on red rev lights for a while at the end of the longest straights. However i think it's probably best to sacrifice some pace and have a larger radiator, then the gearing won't be much of an issue.

Grats to Jimmy for the win and to everyone who finished the race.
Fred

Post by Fred »

Believe me, even if you use 7 in radiator settings you can blow the engine :P I had wrong gearing last year in Malaysia and I blew the engine with some laps to go. That was RFT though, this might be different, but during testing in Australia my engine blew only after like 4 laps. Don't know why, maybe there is a random element to it as well, not only how you treat the engine.

Was sure that my engine was gonna blow yesterday too, I pushed it very hard :lol:

Still, tough luck Steve, not fun when it happens during a race :(
Once you go Mac, you never go back.
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

I posted the formula for engine failure somewhere in the forum last season. The failures are random but the probabilities are affected by BOTH the temperature AND the RPMs. So having rads at 11 but downshifting too intensely would still make it likely to have a blown engine. Damage to the sidepods could also affect the cooling effectiveness of the radiators.
2010 NA div. Admin
Coffeemachine

Post by Coffeemachine »

yeah everyting your saying is probably true, i use rad3 and never have problems so it must be driver related to a large extent. also the mac-LCD-lights kinda makes you shift early so that may help
[12:19:47]Dropkick: somebody tried to mug me once
[12:19:59]Dropkick: but i was so drunk i did not understand
coywilburn

Post by coywilburn »

"Steve B" wrote! My qualy was pretty good, with 2 qualy laps left I caught Coy on track for 1 lap and had to back off .
coy wrote! looking at the q replay it was not me who got in your way steve it was a honda,
"Infinite Diversity" In "Infinite Possibilities"
SteveB
NAR administrator

Post by SteveB »

Sorry Coy no disrespect intended.

I thought it was you infront of me....I need to check rplays first before posting.

Sorry buddy.
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

coywilburn

Post by coywilburn »

np just wanted to set it strait
"Infinite Diversity" In "Infinite Possibilities"
Jim Vachon

Post by Jim Vachon »

Hi all !!! What a great race, i was so happy.... i finished first. (thks to carrera for the gift)

1st my qualif was a little slow because id start with 93L. But im happy to be in the top ten...... The race start and im lucky.... verry lucky i pass some guys and was 5 th after some laps. So i cannot forget the fight with flow who gaving me very hard time. OMG i'd lost 20 pounds fihting with flow, and he dont give me a chance, he was pushing and pushing, i have so much difficulty to enlarge the gap. At my second pit stop i forgot to said to my pit crew ''do not repair the damage'' and i did a 17 sec pitstop, just enough to see Flow with the knife in hes teeths on the straight. I came back on track just enough to be the first at the corner and this is why i won lollll. Good battle flow, you gaving me hard day...... So my set was very good and tires have good grip from the begining to the end. I used 3 rad and 3 for brake but brake are not tough enough, i had somme difficulty at the end but i know flow as the same lollllllllllllll

Well its a good race for me , maybe the best one from last 3 years.

It a new start for Spyker and will do a hard work for next race, so be ready before you worry lollllll

Thank you all for congrats and your fair play on track.

See ya guys !!!

Jim
Ruben Miranda

Post by Ruben Miranda »

Hello

Flow Wrote:
Yé Hitman! Renault is leading the constructor champ after 2 races... lol :lol: but for how long? hiiiii :? :(
Well as long as we can keep finishing we can win the Constructors.

As for engine blows well I had my Rad on 3 and had no problems threw testing nor in race.
I was watching the temps and they seem good and stayed good.

I do tent to use longer gears lower and higher as the cars seems to work better for me.
Although you use the brakes more.
The reason for a higher gear 1 threw 3 for me I can give it more gas and better speeds in the turns and not spin or lose the back end. As for 4th threw 7th 4th and 5th are pretty tight 6th and 7th are a little longer and even thow it takes a little longer to up tain high speed because of lower RPM's the car last longer and I get a higher top end with a low wing config.

Humm I might be giving up some Renault Secrets here :lol:
Truth is I go what works for me and my limited Setup know how.

Cu you in China
Hitman 8)
I might not be fast, But I am ahead of you.
Ruben Hitman Miranda
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

Ho man! You realy dont want to know how low rad and low brake i use... I do not want to put anybody in trouble with my risky setting... I had sow low setting that all the way long, all was going on into my head were these sentences at eatch time i enter a coner...

Curve after curve :
BRAKE! BRAKE!... HOOO YEAH! I CANT BELEIVE I STILL HAVE BRAKES!
TURN... AND ACCELLERATE NOW... Hiiiiiii!!! DONT SPUN! DONT SPUN! :x
OK NOW! COME ON! GO FASTER! :twisted: SHIT! JIMMY, YOUR DRAFT WILL KILL MY EINGINE :x

then all over again
BRAKE! BRAKE! YEAH! STILL BRAKING...

:lol:
NAR.F1 driver
carrera

Post by carrera »

Hello all,
Well I am not sure where to begin on this one.Let me say in my defence though that 1 hour before the race I had returned from Vancouver.
A six hour drive and left early to make this race.I know Bilbo was not happy with me because I started to Chat in race.Yikes.The one thing noone should do and for that I apologize.I hope noone was distracted enough to spin and if you were.Do not tell me as I already feel guilty enough..LOL...I guess I've been playing Megane online so much lately it just became instinct.ANyway ,It will not happen again.As for my race well...More apologies again to Rosales and Flow as my rear tire pushed rosales into flow.I think maybe thats why my engine just stopped as well.It didn't blow up or overheat.It just stopped and Boon and I reviewed the replay many times.We assumed it was from the hit in the rear left side at the start.I am not sure but I think I clipped Steve B. at the start as well and I owe him and apology as well.I totally benefitted from JImmy and Flow fighting.After Boon crashed he clicked on the fight between them and kept me informed.Many times he said."I have no idea how flow saved that"...LOL...I could hear the crickets chirping and the cold wind Blowin.Yep it was pretty lonely up front...LOL...but nice to have Boon giving me the play by play.
Great to have XZ and Hitman back in the mix as well.Boon was settling into a nice rythm and he made a slight mistake and crashed.He had already completed a full race distance 2 days before.HE wasn't to upset though.He was my spotter after that.A real trooper.
Malaysia was my best track too dammit.ahhhh well.I got a point.Its a start eh?
Carrera 8) 8) 8)
Quote"Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl 'Will you marry me?' The girl said, 'NO!' And the guy lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and went fishing and hunting and played golf a lot and drank beer .The end""
carrera

Post by carrera »

Oh and P.S.If I Lap anyone in the next race.I am Thanking you now just in case.
Carrera 8) 8) 8)
Quote"Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl 'Will you marry me?' The girl said, 'NO!' And the guy lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and went fishing and hunting and played golf a lot and drank beer .The end""
Rosales

Post by Rosales »

Very exciting t1! Carrera no need to apologize. From my perspective there was a little bumping but just minor "racing incidents" I don't think anyone had any malintent. If anything I feel I need to apologize for my ambitious t1. I do apologize to flow for not being able to control my car after the bumping. I felt pretty strong for this race.. I felt a podium was definately within reach. Too bad I wasn't able to finish the first lap... I definately underestimated the t1 damage I sustained.

Thanks everyone for the .9 laps of pure adrenaline! I'm very excited to be running with such a great group of drivers.
"If you have God on your side, everything becomes clear." - Ayrton Senna
SteveB
NAR administrator

Post by SteveB »

Hi Guys,

Carrera no need to apologize my friend. :)
Looking at the replay we didn't bump at all but Rosales and I did bump and I was surprised neither one of us spun.
It was a very exciting start to say the least.... 1 of the best so far.

BRING ON CHINA !!!!!!
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN