MALAYSIA EURO RACE '09 RESULT

Public topics, anyone can read/write.
Drago(ITA)

MALAYSIA EURO RACE '09 RESULT

Post by Drago(ITA) »

Not the better way to end a race: being puhed out from behind............. give me the penalty u want because of chat during race but there was neither the possibility to call a restart.
PS: for the one who hit me from behind: learn to drive among other cars on track.
Racer
NAR administrator

Re: MALAYSIA EURO RACE '09 RESULT

Post by Racer »

Race start great, had a good fight with Phil, and NatxoCC, and others :D
almost at the and, damn i saw a big wall coming to me, :o :shock:
Max Römer

Post by Max Römer »

hmm..

in qualy i was on position 7 8) and than in the first laps i drove to place number 5 and i stayed there before norbi.
after my first stop i was 10th but very fast i was on position 5 again. i hoped that i could finish there
but norbi was soo incredible fast and coffee did only 1 stop so i had no chance.

in the end i was 7th and i'm happy :) because it was a very high level :o

and i'm happy for wasili that hi could finish his first race. :D
Max Römer
Red Bull
Mr G

Post by Mr G »

First lap was terrible off track twice :( :(
Then at the back ! caught up with wasili but couldnt get past, once i got close the car was hard to place (dirty air i guess)
wasili made a mistake running wide, I was pasted then i just pushed as hard as i could but long way behind made a couple of mistake then piotr was behind me pushing me but i managed to keep him behind great close racing :D
1st pit stop lost time hit pit limiter to early :( few laps later piotr came out the pits just behind me again we had a close race all the way until my engine blow up on lap 48 ish i think :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: .

Piotr great race :D

well done to Avatar for first win !!! and mark,fred and all finishers :D :D

Great turn out too :D
Last edited by Mr G on 05 Apr 2009, 22:20, edited 1 time in total.
NAR Vodafone McLaren Mercedes

Max Römer

Post by Max Römer »

Ouh u was it with the engline blow

i'm sorry for u
Max Römer
Red Bull
Norbi123

Post by Norbi123 »

Good race, good fighting, (even too good, max, good fight but you were irresponsible, you could destroy us both, watch replay man) In last moment before race I decided to take hard tires for race, because I was too much afraid of overheating the mediums. On hard compund I was losing 0,3~ sec on each lap than on medium, driving was a bit harder and because of that I spined out 3 times in whole race. Beside that I was driving very regularly. I hadn't any problems in race, finally no problems with disconnections. Txns for everyone for great race and congratulations for everyone who made it to the end. Rest of grid, next time will be more lucky:)
Last edited by Norbi123 on 06 Apr 2009, 17:52, edited 3 times in total.
SteveB
NAR administrator
Favorite team: Ferrari

Post by SteveB »

CONGRATS AVATAR for your first win and to all who finished. :)
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

Coffeemachine

Post by Coffeemachine »

hey, if anyone of you NA guys are thinking about one stopping...don't do it =)
more to follow

Congratz avatar, really nice piece of driving!
[12:19:47]Dropkick: somebody tried to mug me once
[12:19:59]Dropkick: but i was so drunk i did not understand

Post by Avatar »

Going into this race i didn't feel confident at all, and I had pretty much resigned myself to a best position of 3rd (at most). I thought I was within 2 or 3 tenths of Fred and Mark on single lap pace, but my setup on this track had been a nightmare over a longer stint - the traction was almost none-existent.

So while I am extremely happy with the win, I do think there was quite a bit of luck involved.

Obviously with Fred starting at the back it was a big chance for everyone to do better, as he's nearly always firmly planted at the front. I wasn't really happy about this, especially with it been a connection problem - it's awful to have problems like that, so I was happy when he managed to rejoin the session.

The second bit of luck was getting ahead of Mark early in the race when he ran slightly wide - this meant I could maximize my strategy. He was much faster than me and kept closing up no matter how hard i pushed - I had to defend quite a lot but I managed to keep him behind until he pitted. I had a few extra laps of fuel and I managed to use those to build a gap and stay ahead after my first stop. We had a similar battle until the second round of pit stops and once I managed to stay ahead I think Mark backed off.

My car felt awful for this race, much worse than Australia so i'm quite proud of the win - it was a constant battle with the lack of rear traction in slow corners, really hard work.

Well done to everyone who finished the race (lots of people did)! :P And well done to Fred for a storming drive from the back of the field - honestly I was still worried that you'd pop up on my LCD as the next car behind me..

Thank you for the congrats. :)
Last edited by Avatar on 06 Apr 2009, 10:53, edited 1 time in total.
dutch power
NAR administrator

Post by dutch power »

Whoa, just took a nice shower after all the hard work. :) Time to write a little story about today's race.

First off all qualification, I was suprised when Fred was not present anymore after Avatar had set his time i added some extra fuell to the car. Initialy i had planned to do a verry agressive 3 stops strategie, i figured out it could work with mediums and verry fast times all the way in 32s. However when he was off the server i decided to go with the 2 stop on hard tyres. With hard tyres i was more consistent over a stint and still being able to get in the fast times. Anyway in the end i had a 33,5 wich was enough for pole on the first attempt.

Race i had a good start so it was all about to drive away from Avatar who was in 2nd, however in the 5th or 6th lap i made a silly mistake at the last corner before the long straight i ran alongside the track loosing me 3 seconds, so Avatar was able to overtake me there. At that point i thought i would be able to overtake him back however he was pulling off with some great laptimes as well and i was never able to get a clear run on him down the straight. Several times i was realy close in overtaking him mainly during the whole 1st and 2nd stint we where sepperated by about 1 to 1,5 seconds. But at both pitstops he was able to stay out longer so that didnt worked out, then during my last stint i decided to save my car and i just cruised home because Avatar again was able to stay out longer then me and i knew i wouldnt get a chance to try it in the last stint. The mistake in the first stint basicly killed the chances on the win, Avatar was heavyer on fuell and when i was stuck behind him i was never able to get in the fast 32s laps so i lost a lot of time with that. Im not sure if i would have won afterall though as he was putting in great laptimes considering his amount of fuell he was carrying.

Another great race behind the belt 2 podiums thats a nice season start for me, hopefuly i can continue this however China is not realy my favorite track. But its a nice technical track with a long straight again so low downforce again. :D Anyway cu at the Shanghai track guys. Congratz to Avatar for his win, and Fred for his 3th place after started in last position.
Regards,
Mark Aalberts

#99 Greg Moore april 22, 1975—October 31, 1999 (you will never be forgoten http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqxOecWC ... re=related)
Jackson

Post by Jackson »

Hard race :)

Well....it was the same thing like every qualyfing, i was about 5 tenth slower as my personalbest :/. but i knew straight from the beginning im wont be able to fight with the aliens so i just focused on consitent.
and yea it worked...after a good start i passed 2 guys so i was third (norbi what a wonderfull start as well :))
then i just drove my race.....after i noticed that coffee is on a 1 stopp strategy i tried to push to get a gap betweeen us, well it worked...after my second stop i was 30secs ahead, but i think it depended more on coffees spuns ;) so i was able to finish as 4th quite easily
overall it was a fantastic race for me, because i was never off the track and didnt done any big mistake

congrats to all finisher and to the winner avatar :) well done mate
and nice to have a full grid :) thx for joining us fellows :)

cya in chineeeese china
:lol:
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

The server replay and results files can be downloaded here:

Qual results: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... a_Qual.xml
Race results: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... a_Race.xml
Replay: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... laysia.zip (22MB)
League stats: Click here.
Web-stats: Click here for stats!
Last edited by Bilbo on 22 Apr 2009, 04:34, edited 1 time in total.
2010 NA div. Admin
Peter Sojda

Post by Peter Sojda »

I want very sorry Drago for my stupid drive like Need for speed driver. I have concentrated on overtaking K3nnyT but I did not look what happens in turn. VERY SORRY!!!
After this I have problem whit concetration, and drive many laps behind G25. Nice drive G25.
In this race gain point is very difficult. i have +2laps and 10 place, whilst in Australia i have +4Laps and 6 place
SCUDERIA FERRARI F1 TEAM
Fred

Post by Fred »

Not the greatest start to my weekend for trying to win the race :? My computer froze some minutes into Qualifying, so I rebooted and tried to join the session many times before it was over, but it didn't work. So I killed the power entirely, and I was able to join the warmup session and start from the last place luckily :) A shame, since I think I would have gotten the pole, but then again it's fun to get some overtaking opportunities :)

I made a good start, but a Toyota was stranded 4 places ahead of me so the Aguri in front had to brake and turn quite hard to avoid it. I lightly buffed the Aguri in the rear because of it, and thought I had lost my front wing already. That wasn't the case however, so I could go on pushing :) I got some nice moves on lap one, but one unneccesarily tough one on Natco in the hairpain in the middle of the lap. I apologize, should have taken it much easier there.
So I continued my quest for some points, and was up to third before my first stop on lap 17. I forgot to order my crew not to fix my damage, so I stood still for 20 seconds which was quite frustrating since I wanted to try and haul in Mark :P But there was no chance anyway, he was fast enough for me and no matter how hard I pushed I could not get the times I did in practice. So third was the best I could do, so I settled for it half through the race.

If I had gotten pole I still don't think I could match Avatars pace who was just amazing with that kind of fuel onboard his car. Simply awesome driving :) I'll have to try and be closer in China!

Great by all finishers, and very nice that everyone showed up! Please continue :P

Cya in China,,
Fred
Once you go Mac, you never go back.
philmax

Post by philmax »

for me good fight with ingo very funny, i have one problem when norbi pass me ,i don't know if its lag or if he hit me but i lose control of my car ,but i think its a problem of lag i have a lot lag this weekend.
im happy for my place because my set as very bad so ...
philmax

Post by philmax »

i just see the replay when norbi past me he was on my left and one second later he is on mine car and just one second later he is before me ,in this moment o lose control in race i saw his car on mine car like in replays i would like de admin tell me what they see on replay .
i don't have problem of lag when i practice without relay
philmax

Post by philmax »

Drago(ITA) wrote:Not the better way to end a race: being puhed out from behind............. give me the penalty u want because of chat during race but there was neither the possibility to call a restart.
PS: for the one who hit me from behind: learn to drive among other cars on track.

I think drago he's in true , a restart in the event there is a problem in the first round seems a good idea, especially after all of the time to find a good set and see what race destroyed due to unforeseen , its just my point of wiew :wink:

Post by Avatar »

philmax wrote:
Drago(ITA) wrote:Not the better way to end a race: being puhed out from behind............. give me the penalty u want because of chat during race but there was neither the possibility to call a restart.

I think drago he's in true , a restart in the event there is a problem in the first round seems a good idea, especially after all of the time to find a good set and see what race destroyed due to unforeseen , its just my point of wiew :wink:
While I see what you say about a restart it's not really fair on the drivers who get off the grid really well and safely through the first corners - in a restart they might have a slower start or even run off the track. And you can't really keep restarting until everyone is happy.

I got taken out of the Race of Champions at turn 1 but I wouldn't expect a restart because of this - it's just bad luck. :(

Only way to be sure would be to ask everyone to hold position through turn 1 and not start racing till afterwards, but that would feel silly.
Norbi123

Post by Norbi123 »

philmax wrote:i just see the replay when norbi past me he was on my left and one second later he is on mine car and just one second later he is before me ,in this moment o lose control in race i saw his car on mine car like in replays i would like de admin tell me what they see on replay .
i don't have problem of lag when i practice without relay
I was really interested why suddenly you lost so much time after my pass. On Bilbo's replay it's seems to be definitely fault of lag, we both were on safe distance betwen us, and suddenly your car stoped, went back, forward, and finally spined out. BTW when I was passing you I didn't fell anything that i would fell when I hit someone, even on xml logs there is nothing info about our contact. You should download the Bilbo's replay.