NA Australia race, post your comments here...

Public topics, anyone can read/write.
Flow
Spam kingpin
Favorite team: Minardi
Are you a spam bot?: No

Re: NA Australia race, post your comments here...

Post by Flow »

I think that tire can only bet set out of game, in the lobby window, then in game, you are only able to choose between softer and hard of your lobby selection... Kinkd of like the real F1, you choose 1 coumpound before race, then you have to leave with your decision :roll: I used Supersoft, and tire were not bad at end of stint. But dont use me as reference, i dont eat my tire, but i paid the price to be 1 sec slower than middle to front almost front pack (and i was on 2 stop, more fule in car)...
NAR.F1 driver

Post by Avatar »

Flow wrote:I think that tire can only bet set out of game, in the lobby window, then in game, you are only able to choose between softer and hard of your lobby selection... Kinkd of like the real F1, you choose 1 coumpound before race, then you have to leave with your decision :roll: I used Supersoft, and tire were not bad at end of stint. But dont use me as reference, i dont eat my tire, but i paid the price to be 1 sec slower than middle to front almost front pack (and i was on 2 stop, more fule in car)...
Actually the tyre set (set 1,2 or 3) seems to be build into the track files - so the option in the car 'upgrades' menu will have no effect (as the setting is being forced by the track regardless of what you choose).

In Australia it forced us to use set 1 (choice of Super Soft and Softs), and I think in Sepang we are forced to use set 3 (choice of Medium and Hard).

Not sure if all the circuits will have this built into them though.
SteveB
NAR administrator
Favorite team: Ferrari

Post by SteveB »

It isn't the track files that force the tire compound it is the MMG RFM file that does this.
They did it to match the REAL life tire compounds for each 07 race.
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

Coffeemachine

Post by Coffeemachine »

too bad, i personally didnt see any reason not to use the super softs all the time - i liked them. wellwell :P . could be fun if we can match the real laptimes
[12:19:47]Dropkick: somebody tried to mug me once
[12:19:59]Dropkick: but i was so drunk i did not understand

Post by Avatar »

kaffemaskin wrote:too bad, i personally didnt see any reason not to use the super softs all the time - i liked them. wellwell :P
Same here, although Sepang will probably be much harder on the tyres so maybe it's for the best.
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

Yup, i was able to use majority of time Supersoft tire, i was not hard on them... too bad.
NAR.F1 driver
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

SteveB?

You shoud receive a 10 positions penality on grid next race + 55 000$ for driving your car damage around track (Oups, that was me driving around, lol) Remember Villneuve (Gilles) coming back to pit on 3 wheels? Was a Ferari at that time, ho yeah, no penality for Ferrari (lol, Ok, i agree rules werent same in past)

SteveB, dont worry too mutch about it, i finaly watch the replay today, and nothing against you. On my replay, its your front wing that contact my tire. I was on accell exiting the corner, just a wisper could of make me spin same way :wink: I was not having a perfect driving line as you were having, and that make you come closer to me faster than you could of expected. 100% Race incident for me.
NAR.F1 driver
SteveB
NAR administrator
Favorite team: Ferrari

Post by SteveB »

Thank you FLOW.

I too watched it a few times and also in slow motion.
To be honest I coud have backed off a bit but like you said you were excellerating and I think you moved over a bit
not to run onto the curb or go off track and I didn't expect that and that is when we touched.

It was FANTASTIC racing though we went side by side through that chicane the lap before that one (I think) and was AWESOME!!!
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

Steve B wrote:Thank you FLOW. (...) It was FANTASTIC racing though we went side by side through that chicane the lap before that one (I think) and was AWESOME!!!
But dont get too friendly with me, you must not forgot that you drive a Ferrari... and to ad worst, you come from Ontario! hahaha! Oups, i was born there too, shhhhhhut :wink: ) :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :wink: joking you SteveB, Shure it was fun and i hope with will meet again in a race :D

I also had a few great moment with another driver at begining of race, i think it was with a spyker, not shure... We contact side by side at same place, was cool to see the replay and nothing bad hapend.
NAR.F1 driver
coywilburn

Post by coywilburn »

sorry for the delay it was just a frekin blurr to me. :lol: im sorry for carrera i made a bobell coming out of a corner and we got together sorry for that.it was a fun race though 4 my first full gp. also would like to thank every one for the help with setups and all else you open wheel heads no about these cars,also the track was awsome great work :D
"Infinite Diversity" In "Infinite Possibilities"