NA Australia race, post your comments here...

Public topics, anyone can read/write.
Bilbo
NAR administrator

NA Australia race, post your comments here...

Post by Bilbo »

The server replay and results files can be downloaded here:

Qual results: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... a_Qual.xml
Race results: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... a_Race.xml
Replays: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... tralia.zip (17.3MB, contains race and qual. replays)
League stats: Click here.
Web-stats: Click here for stats!
Last edited by Bilbo on 22 Apr 2009, 04:28, edited 3 times in total.
2010 NA div. Admin
SteveB
NAR administrator
Favorite team: Ferrari

Re: NA Australia race, post your comments here...

Post by SteveB »

Well another F'D up race.

My qualy wasn't too bad was happy with the resutlt.

Race start was great had a great battle with Coy.
After my first pit stop I came out infront of Juan and behind Christian and had a tough time trying to get past Christian.
I caught up to Flow (I think he pitted) and approaching T1 Steve was exiting the pits and Flow and Steve nearly touched and I knew the battle was on with Flow.It lasted a few laps until exiting T3 I had more grip and speed then Flow and had the inside line entering T4 but started to loose grip exiting the corner and my front wing touched Flow's rear left tire and spun him into the wall and Flow I am SO SORRY!!!
I felt so bad that I couldn't regain my concentration especially when I saw you sitting on the grass near the pit entry
and I know why you did it...LOL....and that made me feel even worse than I already did, I hope you forgive me. :)

Then around lap 26 I was chacing Coy again comming around the left hander 3 corners from the front straight I lost the back end and went into the wall damaging my suspension really bad I couldn't even make it to the pits.....ESC :cry: :cry:

CONGRATS to all who finished the first race of 2009.

On to Malaysia
Last edited by SteveB on 23 Mar 2009, 04:39, edited 1 time in total.
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

Steve

Post by Steve »

After many DNFs i was in 3rd with less than 10 laps to go, spun on 3rd to last turn, knocked off my front wing, and for some unknown reason, hit the ignition switch !!!!! Car died, race over !!! :evil: :twisted: :roll: :!:
Last edited by Steve on 23 Mar 2009, 03:54, edited 1 time in total.
I may be slow, but at least I'm consistantly slow !
Flow
Spam kingpin
Favorite team: Minardi
Are you a spam bot?: No

Post by Flow »

I didnt see everyting that could happend around the track, but i felt an impressive success on all driver behavior around the track. I was kind of pround to see that no major incident occured, and alowed most of pack to folow eatch other for a major part of race, untill accident and pitstop that start to split eatch other. (but im not talking about all the DNF's, lol)

Was expecting a middle grid position, qualif 10th, so i got what i practice for...lol

My race went verry, and i was suprise to see that majority was on 3 stops, and i was on 2, witch can explain my speed. I had a few nice fight and easy position gained up to the 2nd pos., and then exit my 1st pit in 4th position. The laps afte my stop, i williams exit pit same as i was entering T1 on his outside with 2 cars in my ass, lol was pretty fun.

SteveB was clearly faster than me, but i didnt want to let him go for free. I protect my position, with some interesting «legal» contact. But T3-4, SteveB touch me from behind (dont think i like it) but dont worry SteveB, it was a hard battle to keep you behind, and it im Ok with what hapend. Sad to no finish, but nothing against you, its a race incident. I should of let you go, cause i was loosing time on Bilbo with our fight, so letting you go would of let me more chance to finish the race. But the fun we had can easily make me forget what hapend. :D

Anyway, i was pretty suprise and exited that i was hoping to get at least a 6 or 8 points on 1st race. Will be for next time, unles all DNF again, lol
NAR.F1 driver
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

Steve B wrote:I felt so bad that I couldn't regain my concentration especially when I saw you sitting on the grass near the pit entry and I know why you did it...LOL....and that made me feel even worse than I already did, I hope you forgive me. :)
lol, dont worry, i just tried to reatch the pit, but i coundt turn left, only right. At that corner, i had no choice to go in grass to turn, but car was touching the ground, jsut as you pass there, my engine blew. I had no intention to nail you again about what happend, :lol: :lol: :lol: .

When those incident occured with me, dont loose your concentration. I am realy not a bad looser, i feel sad to end the race like that, but its part of race, and i know that it was not a bad intention from you. If i notice that a driver crash me on purpuse, trust me, i wont say same. But i know you, and dont worry, sleep well tonight! :wink:
NAR.F1 driver
SteveB
NAR administrator

Post by SteveB »

Thank you Flow :)
Your a true gentleman.

Our battle was the best I ever had and I just wish what happened didn't happen would have been interesting to see how far
the battle would have went :)
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

Hahaha, trust me, if i could, the battle was going to last untill you pit again..., i was only going to pit once more, and you two more times... :twisted:
NAR.F1 driver
SteveB
NAR administrator

Post by SteveB »

LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:

At that point I think I was like 6 laps till I had to pit again when I hit the wall I was 3 laps from pitting.
It is so bloody hard to pass at AUSTRALIA just when you think you got an oppertunity you loose it.

DAM !!!!!

Hope we get some nice battles like that at Malaysia. :)
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

Paul M

Post by Paul M »

I had a ton of lag just prior to the Qualy laps, cleared up during the warmup. On the starting grid I got in early to let the game sync and lag to hopefully catch up. Nope as soon as the lights went out I knew I had a problem, I moved up and was blocked by a parked spyker moved right, the lag hit and I got nailed from behind. To whomever that was I'm sorry I was trying to get as far right as possible to stay out of the way until the grid moved on. Ran a few laps and the lag got worse, FPS at 8 at times, never had this happen this badly, decided to esc. before I fouled someone elses race. No great loss I really suck at Australia LOL

Paul
"You don't have to like it, you just have to do it"
Peter Sojda

Post by Peter Sojda »

First stint was very good in my execution. However, I have make mistake during rally drive for pitstop and I have impacted to wall and I have damaged suspenssion. I have stood in box 55 seconds. Unfortunately, then, bolide twisted in all the time of right and I lost 4-5 seconds on every lap. So, I could only look as G25 leaves me. I have lose 4 place through error.
Congratulations for everyone who finished race, and good luck in Malaysia :D

How use this XML files ??? There is many figure but this is nosens for me :D. Race reports will never be available :( ? That was great
SCUDERIA FERRARI F1 TEAM
Christian Laforce

Post by Christian Laforce »

Really happy that the 2009 season begins. This is my best start for life. For the rest 20 laps and the wall slash me.
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

Paul M wrote:I had a ton of lag (...) Paul
Paul, personaly, i know that if my graphic are set too high, i will have lag for shure. I use all medium setting and shodow to low when we are more tan 10 drivers and i set visible car only to 14. If i dont do that, when smoke apears or dust, then i have low FPS and its not fun. With less then 10 drivers, i take the chance to use high graphic setting, but it also depends on track. Hope it will be better next time.
NAR.F1 driver
Rosales

Post by Rosales »

Hello Guys! That was a great race. Tons of fun. I was doing pretty well until I spun before the pit entrance on my first stint... I was angry at my mistake and tried to make up time, which led me to get flustered and unrequest my pit instead of selecting my pit speed limiter. This led to a stop and go penalty that cost me even more time. I was working my way back up through the pack with a fury until my brakes gave out. Se la vis.

I've never had my brakes fail before. When the brakes fail, do they cool down and begin to work again after a few slow laps or are they completely gone?
Apparently, brake failure isn't something our pit crew can repair. When I entered the box I didn't see a damage repair option.

Great race nonetheless. I wish I could have made more of my pole position.

Before the next race, Claude and I will have to test extensively with a few different race programmes.

Thanks for the awesome racing. I was really impressed with all the drivers. Given the level of competition we have, a top 10 finish is a significant accomplishment.
"If you have God on your side, everything becomes clear." - Ayrton Senna
SteveB
NAR administrator

Post by SteveB »

Once your brakes are done they are done Rosales :(

Best to keep your brake ducts at 4 to be safe :)
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

Brake pressure have alot of influence also.
NAR.F1 driver
Mr G

Post by Mr G »

Well done all na drivers had a good turn out :D

Congats to mario for win and coy for a second :D

hope to cya on track soon

G 8)
NAR Vodafone McLaren Mercedes

Rosales

Post by Rosales »

I'll have to check when I get home, but I thought brake duct couldn't be adjusted in our setup.
mario proietti jr

Post by mario proietti jr »

hi guys :D
well finally the long waiting of winter is done and we finaly did the first race of the season woooohooooo!!!! :P
i qualy p2 whit 1 sec slower then im suppose very bad qualy for me i was not happy atm lolll but when race start i manage to stay in p2 after t1 and i was following rosales but he did mistake in the fast chicane in sector 2 and i take the opportunity to overtake him on is fault,from there i never lost p1 till the end but 2 things happen to me 1-i mistcalculated the fuel setting and for my last pit (did a 2 pit race) i change the fuel set i put 4 laps more just to be sur to finish the race whit out knowing if tires will longlasting or anything else2-ilost front brake at laps 47 OMG was hard to finish the 1 min gap i have was enought to permitted me to win the first g-p hehe :twisted: lets see what i can do at malaisya
thankx g-25 and same for u all guys at euro congrat ulation fellas :P
and coy nice race m8 u finish it man hehe
carrera

Post by carrera »

Hi everyone.
Well I thought I would post for both Boon and I since he types Ultra slow.
Jimmy Vachon was stalled on the grid and it was all we could do to get around him and give each other room.
I saw Paul Steve and Aawill crash trying to avoid Jimmy also.Have no idea what happened there for damage to all those cars.
I got away ok but had alot of downforce and as the laps ticked by I fell behind.
Boon made it to lap 6 and got greedy on the throttle in 2nd gear and spun into the wall 3corners before the finish line.He was doing pretty good until then.
I was on a 3 stop strategy and realized after my first stop that my tires wern't even worn down.I should have opted for a 2 stop but didn't want to intefere with Boons strategy.It was actually a good test and as flow said.Aside from the start everyone drove clean.I clipped coy in the back wing as he bobbled and my reaction time was not fast enough to slow down(not saying I'm old but............)if the cane fits.LOL.sorry coy.I think he was ok though.I suffered slight damage.
LAp 42 yep....three corners from the finish line and I got greedy on the throttle and spun straght into the wall.Looked on the wall and it said"BOON was here".
that was it for me but I had a blast and Boon did to.My racing computer is at his place and he sits 4 feet away from me so I can punch him if he knocks me off the road.We watched the replay afterwards on Boons machine and saw the crash between Steve B and Flow.A racing incident and I am sure flow now has ammunition on Steve B for the rest of the year..LOL...all in all a good race though congrats to coy and MArio.
carrera 8) 8) 8)
Quote"Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl 'Will you marry me?' The girl said, 'NO!' And the guy lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and went fishing and hunting and played golf a lot and drank beer .The end""
Rosales

Post by Rosales »

Hey guys, part of my strategy for the first race was to start with a short stint with soft tires and then switch to the medium compound on the following stints. This strategy didn't work out for me as the only tire available when I entered the box was the soft compound.

Will this be the same at every track? Was this even a track option or is that a server option?