2009 NA F1 League Seat available?

Public topics, anyone can read/write.
Rosales

2009 NA F1 League Seat available?

Post by Rosales »

Hello everyone! I am interested in racing with your league in the upcoming Formula 1 racing series. I have raced in many online leagues and have operated as an admin for several different leagues as well. I consider myself a safe and conservative racer that values adherence to the rules and a commitment to the spirit of fair competition.

I'm very excited at the possibility of racing with you guys as I have never participated in a Formula 1 league before. I would be interested in running with you guys during an open practice session if you guys schedule those.

If someone could help me out and provide some direction for me on the procedure for joining the F1 league, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance for your consideration and your help!

-Rosales
"If you have God on your side, everything becomes clear." - Ayrton Senna
Steve

Re: 2009 NA F1 League Seat available?

Post by Steve »

Hello there, sounds like you are an NAR type of driver. I think once we decide on which mod will be used, there will be servers open for practice. If the poll is any indication, it looks like we'll be using the MMG 2007 SE V2 mod. Are you on the Euro side of the pond? or North American side? I think you can go to the website to join. www.noaidsracing.com check it out !!!
I may be slow, but at least I'm consistantly slow !
Rosales

Post by Rosales »

Hey Steve!

I'm on the North American side of the pond. That's one reason I'm excited about this league. If I'm able to race with you guys I won't have to wake up at 3 or 4 in the morning or get off of work early to race. I've been reading some of the forums and you guys sound like a good group of guys.

I went to the main site and submitted a request to join the NA league.... looks like I'm waiting for a reply from the racing gods right now.

Thanks for all your help! Do you know what seats are available? Do you guys do a constructors championship as well?
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

Hello Rosales and welcome to NAR!

We do have room on the roster for the 2009 season, don't worry. I'll get in touch with you by email a bit later tonight with details on the join procedure (I did receive your join application from the website) but, basically, if you can drive the F1 car safely (you don't have to be fast) before the start of the season, you'll be more than welcome to race with us! Of course, we'll have practice sessions before the season (we usually have dedicated servers operating 24/7 for both NA and Euro divisions but the NA one (which I operate) is down right now as it has been moved and reformatted lately and is not completely reinstalled yet).

I'll send you an email within a couple of hours from now but you're welcome here and feel free to ask any questions you may have in these forums or by PM.
2010 NA div. Admin
Rosales

Post by Rosales »

Awesome! Thanks for all the info. I'll start downloading the tracks right now from F1Mods.com. Do you guys run a unique version of MMG? I know some leagues modify the HDV files and make adjustments? I'm just wondering if I should create a separate install for the league or if I'll be ok running my current version of MMG v2.1.

Do you guys run a constructors championship too? I think that would add to the excitement where team points are tallied every week as well.

thanks for the email. I look forward to running with you guys. I'm pretty excited for the upcoming season.

My friend Claude (aka Swifta) will be applying to join the NA league as well. We have raced in several champ car leagues together and he is a safe and clean driver as well. In my experience, over the course of a season it pays to be conservative and score points rather than crashing and burning every other race with the occasional win.

Thanks again Bilbo!
SteveB
NAR administrator
Favorite team: Ferrari

Post by SteveB »

Rosales wrote:Awesome! Thanks for all the info. I'll start downloading the tracks right now from F1Mods.com. Do you guys run a unique version of MMG? I know some leagues modify the HDV files and make adjustments? I'm just wondering if I should create a separate install for the league or if I'll be ok running my current version of MMG v2.1.

Do you guys run a constructors championship too? I think that would add to the excitement where team points are tallied every week as well.

thanks for the email. I look forward to running with you guys. I'm pretty excited for the upcoming season.

My friend Claude (aka Swifta) will be applying to join the NA league as well. We have raced in several champ car leagues together and he is a safe and clean driver as well. In my experience, over the course of a season it pays to be conservative and score points rather than crashing and burning every other race with the occasional win.

Thanks again Bilbo!
Hi Rosales,

WELCOME to NAR :)
You found the BEST league on the net :)

We run the MMG F1 07 v2.1 mod as is, we like to keep it that way in case we run an open server so the public can join us in practice sessions.
NAR does run a DRIVER'S CHAMPIONSHIP and a CONSTUCTORS CHAMPIONSHIP each season and can be seen on the NAR OFFICIAL website http://www.noaidsracing.com
It is great that your friend will join us as well.

Where are you guys from??

No worries about downloading all the tracks right now I will provide a link to a track folder hopefully by this weekend.
We hope that you and your friend will be able to be at all races.

Again WELCOME and hope you have as much fun as we all do every year. :)

CHEERS

Steve B
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

carrera

Post by carrera »

Hello fellow racers,
Nice to see another respectable driver joining the NAR team.
There are veterans and newer drivers alike but everyone is out to drive without causing problems.That is the NAR attitude.
The New administrators are veterans and will help you with any problems you might have.
Connection speed is important as well but not so much now that we have seperate divisions.
If you are in North America then you will connect to the server with minimal lag.Now if you tried to join the euro server you might have some issues.
The servers will be named for their divisions so if you get a time out error.It is probably the euro server.
Default view last year was cockpit(forced)so be ready for that again this year.We also had launch control to stop the start line crashes.
I have also been training 2 more people for this year and we are using the closest to the mod(MMG PE version 2.0 and isi melbourne).
I will talk to Boon today as he has a spare machine and a shaw nitro connection.
I know Bilbo is busy fixing the other server now so hopefully the new guys can practise.
I will use a standard melbourne track for now till we get the go ahead by steveb for the official one.
Hopefully it will be up today or tomorow and we can get practising soon.
carrera 8) 8) 8)
Quote"Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl 'Will you marry me?' The girl said, 'NO!' And the guy lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and went fishing and hunting and played golf a lot and drank beer .The end""
SteveB
NAR administrator

Post by SteveB »

Hi Carrera,

GREAT to see you :)

Funny that you mention AUSTRALIA I have a version I am working on now and should be ready for this weekend.
The version that we used last season was a GP4 conversion which had over 6000 GMT files and as a result had very bad FPS issues.
The version I am doing has only 800 GMT files and I have tested it in game with 150 to 200 FPS and runs very smooth.

I am in the process of re texturing most of the track then I will test for fuel so it is looking good for this weekend.
When I release this track I will give you a link to a track folder where ALL tracks will be stored for league use.
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

Racer
NAR administrator

Post by Racer »

Hi u all Narleague members out there, NA and Euro,

Here i have a info for u all, u guys can all practise on the EURO Server.

Info For New and Old Drivers:
Server Name: Euro Narleague
Mod: MMG F1 2007 SE v2.1

Server visibility: Matchmaker + Racecast, Only during Practise
Server visibility: Race Season, Thru Relay, http://www.relay.dynip.com/
rFactor version: 1255F
Rules: 2008/2009 http://www.noaidsracing.com/index.php?o ... Itemid=130
Parcferme: Yes
Tracks: difrent tracks public and F1RFt wet and Dry and Steve B Track (MMG)
Claude

Post by Claude »

Hi everyone!

My name is Claude (aka Swifta). I'm glad to be hear and am very excited about racing with you guys. As Rosales pointed out we have raced through multiple leagues together but have yet to race in a f1 league. N.A.R. seems like the perfect start.

I have submitted a new driver request and am currently re-installing MMG 07 v2.1 so I can begin to practice (it's never to early...lol).

Thank you very much for this chance to race with you guys. See you all on the track soon enough! Oh, 1 more thing b4 I forget. Could Rosales and I get place on same team? Thanks in advance. I gotta run now, wife calling... lol
SteveB
NAR administrator

Post by SteveB »

Hi Claude,

WELCOME to NAR.
If you guys want to be on the same team it should be NP but you better pick your seats quick just to be safe.

Pick a team/teams that you would like to be on and we will check if the seats are open then assign you guys to a team.

CHEERS!!
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

Hi Claude and welcome to NAR!

Oh, and you have mail! 8)
2010 NA div. Admin
Claude

Post by Claude »

Hi guys!

Thank you for your friendly replies! As far as what team we want... ideally Renault... but we understand that returning drivers get first pick. Whichever team you guys decide to assign us to will be just fine!

So from what I understand practice server is up already?
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

Yes, Ingo has a server running in Europe (see a few posts above). It is perfectly fine other than an extra 100ms to ping times due to crossing the Atlantic.

I'll try to have the NA server (currently down for maintenance) up this weekend but can't promise anything as there is not much free time available to me right now (I'm happy to still have a job though).
2010 NA div. Admin
Claude

Post by Claude »

I hear you on that! Will check out the euro server tonight then
Last edited by Claude on 20 Feb 2009, 18:32, edited 1 time in total.
Claude

Post by Claude »

can we get dibs on spyker if renault is take? actually i'll list what rosales and I talked about.. which ever is available first is just fine.

Desired teams in order: Renault
Redbull
Spyker

thanks in advance. Let us know as soon as you can as to which will be ours... want to start practicing in the right cockpit... lol. TY!
SteveB
NAR administrator

Post by SteveB »

There are a few teams with only 1 active driver and if i am not mistaken BMW is the only team with both seats open.

I checked last season driver line up and I base the above comment to the drivers who left.
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

Claude

Post by Claude »

BMW SOUNDS GREAT!!!! I spoke with Rosales and it's absolutely fine. We'll start practicing with the BMW cars then. TY!
Rosales

Post by Rosales »

BMW sounds great... We'll start using that that team during our practice sessions. Let's hope every race turns out like Montreal! Thanks again we'll see you guys on track. Let us know if you want to set up a time for us to practice together
mario proietti jr

Post by mario proietti jr »

can i have vettel seat at torro rosso ???