NAR administrator

Re: 2009 NA F1 League Seat available?

Post by Bilbo »

You're in a Toro Rosso already... Did you mean the Red Bull ? :P
2010 NA div. Admin
Claude

Post by Claude »

which tire set is required for Australia? 1,2,or 3? Prime or Option? Ty in advance!
mario proietti jr

Post by mario proietti jr »

lol i know bilbo i was just asking if i can get vettel car
and i got
2 friends of mine suppose to join the league and they want to be tm8 i dont know about dorize if he come back this year but if he dont maybe we can give both seat to these 2 guys at str and me i can pick up another seat???? if we can do that which seat exactly left pls can u write the team and seat left
thkx in advance for ansering me

Post by Avatar »

Claude wrote:which tire set is required for Australia? 1,2,or 3? Prime or Option? Ty in advance!
Prime or Option is just a graphical change, so you can run with or without a white stripe on your tyres - it won't affect the performance of the tyres.

As for Tyre set 1, 2 or 3 I think this is how it works...

- Set 1 gives you Super Soft and Soft in the garage.

- Set 2 gives you Soft and Medium in the garage.

- Set 3 gives you Medium and Hard in the garage.

However i think this can also be determined by the track? For example Australia is a track for the softer tyres, so the track can force everyone to use Set 1, and even if we choose set 2 or 3 we would still get Super Soft and Soft in the garage. Obviously this info has to be build into one of the track files (so it knows which set to give us), but I think we are doing this in NAR this season? Hopefully Steve B can confirm this.
Fred

Post by Fred »

I tried MMG Australia V3 and got Super softs as the softest tyre. At MMG Silverstone I got the medium compound, so it seems to depend on the track.
Once you go Mac, you never go back.
Jackson

Post by Jackson »

yea...its already set in the tracks...nice :)
SteveB
NAR administrator
Favorite team: Ferrari

Post by SteveB »

The tire choices are in the UPGRADES tab in the main spinner.
Click on SELECT VEHICLE then click on the UPGRADES TAB the select TIRE UPGRADE there you can select which compound you want to run.

I checked each one then joined online and the compound I selected in the main menu before I loaded the track was the compound I had.

I don't know if they will change when we switch to race because there is a TRACKUPGRADE.INI file in each team with tire choice assigned to each track as per REAL 2007 CIRCUIT and what compounds were used in REAL LIFE.

I haven't seen any overrides for this in any track files I could try to override it in the track GDB file but I doubt that will work becuase tire files have to do with the mod and not the track.
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

Coffeemachine

Post by Coffeemachine »

hehe can get tricky if you practise with supersofts that gets overridden to mediums once the race starts :)
[12:19:47]Dropkick: somebody tried to mug me once
[12:19:59]Dropkick: but i was so drunk i did not understand
SteveB
NAR administrator
Favorite team: Ferrari

Post by SteveB »

Indeed Kaff.

I just tested it on Bilbo's server.

I set my compound choice to MEDIUM/HARD then went in game and checked in garage and that is what I had and took the HARD compound then became administrator and did 1 qualy lap to go into PARC FERME checked garage again and I was locked on my hard tire compound choice.

So I would think you can go ahead and practice with whatever tire compound you want just be sure to select your choice before you load the track.
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN