NAR - Race of Champions reports

Public topics, anyone can read/write.

NAR - Race of Champions reports

Post by Avatar »

I got hit from behind by Pascal Freischer at turn 1 and that was the end of my race. It was such a slow spin that the car stalled almost instantly. :?

Hope others had more fun.
Racer
NAR administrator

Re: NAR - Race of Champions reports

Post by Racer »

well i had the hole day conection problem, so it was not a surprise for me, out conection lost, gheheh :( :shock:
SteveB
NAR administrator
Favorite team: Ferrari

Post by SteveB »

*&#$*#%(#^%#&(^&($^!(&*(!@$^(&%^&%%##$#%$!&%#!@&%$!%$!&#$^!& I can't believe I missed it.

I forgot that it was at 2PM.

F**#*#*#***@@#@*#*#*@*$*@$*$*@*$*@@$*@*#*!**K
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

Racer
NAR administrator

Post by Racer »

Steve B wrote:*&#$*#%(#^%#&(^&($^!(&*(!@$^(&%^&%%##$#%$!&%#!@&%$!%$!&#$^!& I can't believe I missed it.

I forgot that it was at 2PM.

F**#*#*#***@@#@*#*#*@*$*@$*$*@*$*@@$*@*#*!**K
lol thats to bad m8, next year better luck, :)
Max Römer

Post by Max Römer »

It was a nice race for me
but at start i turned the car to 180° but i had no technuical problems after that.
after the first laps i was at 9th position starting position was 14.
it was a easy stint before the first pit stop i was at 5th position.
after my first and only stop i was 9th again.
the others before me made pitstops too and i was 7th.
and for the next 30 laps i was at this position.
but than came piotr and wanted to overtake me.
3 laps aafter his first overtak trying he was before me.
But in the same corner i rammed him i'm sorry :cry:
but i let him pass :P for fairness. now i was at 8 and he at 7.
but it was my luck that he had to do a pitstop so i could overtake again :lol: .
than i stayed at 7th place to the end but in last corner he was very near andd tryied a overtaking again.

i'm happy that i drove through and I'm glad for the winter season, my m8 wasili will drive in winter season too.

great race "rocked"fred
Max Römer
Red Bull
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

My Q was ok, better than I would have expected actually.

My race start was okay, I managed to make it through T1 safely but on the exit, the car veered left into the wall. I'm not sure if I hit debris, was hit (my replay shows nobody hitting me but the server could have thought differently given the high pings between NA drivers) or got wheelspin but the car just went left in the wall, losing the front wing and bending the suspension. Anyways, I fought the car from then on, passing Norbi in the pits and later connecting to Max (sorry for the hit at the top of the hill). About halfway through the race and spending a few laps behind Max, I made a mistake on the inner part of the track and braked a bit in the grass, which sent me in the sand but with no damage. Well, as luck would have it, the engine burned before I could exit the sand, end of race.

Congrats to all who participated! 8)

SteveB: Put the race time under that big X on your calendar next year! :wink:

Dan Rasmusson: grow up.
Last edited by Bilbo on 14 Dec 2008, 22:33, edited 1 time in total.
2010 NA div. Admin
Peter Sojda

Post by Peter Sojda »

My first finished race in NoaidsRacing !!!! I was in 7 position on 12 laps, and I have 15 seconds frezz , after this I have many pink and blue amd yellow figures on my monitor all time to finish. When someone blocked wheel I see only blue smog, that was very dangerous. In last lap I have chance to overtake Max, but this is difficult when you see only blue smog ;D. I start on 16th possition and finish 8 is ok :D
SCUDERIA FERRARI F1 TEAM
Max Römer

Post by Max Römer »

Great Job piotr :!: :!: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :)

i was worry that u overtake me in the last laps
Max Römer
Red Bull
Wasili

Post by Wasili »

I hope that i can drive with you in the next winter season
Red Bull RulezZ
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

The server replay and results files can be downloaded here:

Qual results: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... a_Qual.xml
Race results: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... a_Race.xml
Replays: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... ustria.zip (18.7MB, contains race and qual. replays)
Web-stats: Click here for stats!
2010 NA div. Admin
Norbi123

Post by Norbi123 »

Well, on the 1st corner someone little dameged my suspension so i had go to pit-lane and repair it, after that everything was cool, no mistakes, i was driving really fast, but when i went to pit lane for fuel and tires i don't know why but tires didn't change; when i went to last fuel-up i had lag and crashed at pit-lane entry, my suspension was hardly damaged so i was lossing 3-8 secondds per lap, after 52 laps:

[21:37:51] RELAY DEBUG: NETWORK ERROR, YOU ARE DISCONNECTED

...thank you to the polish internet provider NEOSTRADA.pl

edit: or relay...
Last edited by Norbi123 on 23 Mar 2009, 00:39, edited 2 times in total.

Post by Avatar »

Just looked at the stats thing.

Grats to Fred for the win, and to everyone else who finished the race. :)
dutch power
NAR administrator

Post by dutch power »

Good race from my side i think. Qualy was a bit so so, i think it was a ok lap with the amount of fuell i was running. After start i think i was a bit lucky, i took the inside and someone else on my right side entering T1 spun wich i could avoid, not sure who it was. After that i was 2nd and just stayed there, did my stints and slowly increased the gap to Kaffe. Frederik was to fast for me so i focused on keeping the car on track and to drive as consistent as posible. I made 2 mistakes wich costed me some time around 5 secs per mistake i think, luckily it didnt costed me places. It was a fun race and im looking forward to 2009 season, looks like i have some work to do if i want to beat Fred. :D Grats to Fred, good race. 8)
Regards,
Mark Aalberts

#99 Greg Moore april 22, 1975—October 31, 1999 (you will never be forgoten http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqxOecWC ... re=related)
SteveB
NAR administrator
Favorite team: Ferrari

Post by SteveB »

Congrats Fred and to all who finished. :)

I just watched the replay.....sorry I missed it. :(

I was wondering how the EURO guys liked the MMG F1 PE V2.0 ????????????

WELL DONE everyone.
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

Flow
Spam kingpin
Favorite team: Minardi
Are you a spam bot?: No

Post by Flow »

I have too mutch work to do, that i almost coundt race today. 5 laps of practice saturday, and i joined the server 30 minutes before the race. Thanks for the setup Bilbo. I was hoping to qualif between 7-11 and finish the race between 4-7. I started on grid on 9th position, had a great start, exit T1 in 7th, lost Bilbo few meters after T1 (dam i tought i contact you, but in replay, was weird, no sign of contact and you seem to just spun, unless lag dont show our contact but my car never glitch when usual contact occur). At T3, i pass Kreischer who had lost his front wing at T1. Now the 6th was quite impossible to keep, since Fabiano was in my ass, and end of L1, i was 5th, and i finished 5th.

I had a race incident at L33 when lapping Norbi, he gave me the good line as i was going to pass him by the outside, no problem i had no damage when i hit you from behind. I was lucky at lap 65 (i think), i slip on the outside vibe, did a 360 and end up looking backward between the Pit entrance wall, Ouf! no damage. I join back the track and finish my race lonely, as it was almost all race. I had some fun following Max when he pit later than me.

Was a great race, cant wait to do it again. Thank You to all driver that join the ROC today, was nice to cya all on track and it was a pleasure to have some fun with you on track!
NAR.F1 driver
Coffeemachine

Post by Coffeemachine »

I hadn't been driving too much, infact nothing the last week, so i didn't expect too much. I also never really got the grips of either the mod, or that ="=##==¤"=()#&" ferrari :) . Once a mac-cockpit, always a mac cockpit! :D
with that in mind, qualifying wasn't bad - lightyears off pole but i figured i'd make up for it with consistant driving

yeah right...

Actually it worked! Got a good start (however difficult that is with launch control). I actually suspect with good bandwith and low ping to the server (my 10Mbit line would ping under 50 i'd guess) you get a headstart, as your faster to react to the lights going off. Got half of a run on mark into T1, but decided to back out of it - which was the right call since pascal and avatar tangled and had a accident. I also think a McLaren spun, anyway, exited T1 in third and after that things got quite unexciting. Me and Mark had a great phase-battle (in lack of better words) with the gap being pegged at between 1.2 and 2.2 seconds for the first 10-12 laps. In the end i finally started catching and felt like i would be able to challange him, but then - as usual - my steering wheel decided to lock itself for a few seconds, with the result of me driving straight into the gravel. After that i managed to make up some more time, but with mark going 8 laps longer than me in the first stint i never had a chanse. Also cought some traffic when entering the pits which made me lose a few seconds. Ended up 8 seconds behind after the first pitstopround, entered the second pitstop around 10 secs behind, lost time again but clawed it back and ended up around 12 secs behind mark in second if im not mistaken. I had Drago -5 secs up my ass in the third stint, and realising that i had to up the phase a little, but all in all it was a good race for me - albeit lonely. I think i broke some sort of personal record for missing apexes in sector two in the second stint, but apart from that all was ok - and 3rd, concidering the preparations, was more than good!

Such a pity that we lost avatar and pascal (and paul too? ) so early, you guys where fast and it would have been great to have you two up there too. Big congratulations to my alien teamm8 Fred who shattered all opposition, nice work mark and nice to see you back and fast (give me rft and things will change hehehe), and congratulations too all the other finishes.

and to steve b : :roll: hihihihihihihihhi :D :D :wink:

see you in the winter fun, hopefully

EDIT : I think PE is ok, i struggled a lot with that ferrari cockpit but won't have to deal with that anymore.
[12:19:47]Dropkick: somebody tried to mug me once
[12:19:59]Dropkick: but i was so drunk i did not understand
Racer
NAR administrator

Post by Racer »

Steve B wrote:Congrats Fred and to all who finished. :)

I just watched the replay.....sorry I missed it. :(

I was wondering how the EURO guys liked the MMG F1 PE V2.0 ????????????

WELL DONE everyone.
Yooo, well Steve B, for me its was exciting, only had a short run, lost conection, :shock:

But i must say a Big TNX for MMG with the PE MOD, i did changed the CAR physics to Ferrari, thats the only thing so all can be at same level, and it was great to see that alot off Drivers where at the same level, except some Aliens, :mrgreen:
the SE edition must be the same or better,
and we have CTDP but its 2006 so dont now what others think,
but we can continue the this discussion in this Topic, :) http://forumserver.zapto.org/NAR/viewto ... f=3&t=3089
scuderiafn

Post by scuderiafn »

Starting with quailfying, I waited for the first ten guys to finish their qualifying to get as small amount of people on track at the same time, which worked out. My first flyer was enough to get pole.
I didn't know much about Avatar's pace before this race, but he showed that he is fast :) Well done for P2 in Q in your first NAR race.

The race started out smoothly, I got the first corner and suddenly I saw that Mark was up in P2, so I thought that this will be a hard one! But I found a great rythm pretty quickly, and gained alot of time in S2 on every lap. By the first round of stops I had a 18 sec lead and was curious whether Mark fooled us all by going for a 1 stopper :) He proved me wrong after an additional 5-6 laps or so, and after that I controlled my pace to save the engine and avoid making silly mistakes, like spinning because of the treacherous kerbs in S2.
My last worry was the second and final pit stop, when I had to increase the fuel load right before I parked in the box. I think I parked it a little bit past the box, and my crew waited some seconds before they started working on my car. Luckily I had a lead that was good enough, and my final stint was a rather slow one to save fuel and the car.

Great track and great mod. It's good fun to drive, but it's hard to choose it before CTDP :) But that's an issue we will discuss later I think.

Nice to have Mark with us, he will be a great opponent and I'm glad you will continue! Well done for second place and well done to my teammate Kaffe for third. Gongrats to all finishers.

Was great with a grid as big as this one, hope we will get the same amount in the regular season racing aswell :)

See you on track,
Fred
NAR Euro Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro # 5
Cue-bitzer hit Bådää into T1, causing Fart-in-Source to get by!
carrera

Post by carrera »

Yo fellow racers.
Well I had enough practise.Got my time finally down to the high 1:07's and on race day."join timed out"over and over again and yet I could join any other server.Talk about a downer but congrats to alien fred for obliterarting the competition...LOL>...and hopefully next year will be better.
I'll probably do some winter driving though once the mods and tracks are all figured out.
carrera 8) 8) 8)
Quote"Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl 'Will you marry me?' The girl said, 'NO!' And the guy lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and went fishing and hunting and played golf a lot and drank beer .The end""
Flow
Spam kingpin
Favorite team: Minardi
Are you a spam bot?: No

Post by Flow »

Too bad Carrera, with 7's you were in the leader time. I was barely able to do better than 9.5...
NAR.F1 driver