NA Singapore race, post your comments here...

Public topics, anyone can read/write.
Bilbo
NAR administrator

NA Singapore race, post your comments here...

Post by Bilbo »

Due to lack of participation, the race has been converted to 50% distace (31 laps) with 1 mandatory pitstop.

The server replay and results files can be downloaded here:

Qual results: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... e_Qual.xml
Race results: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... e_Race.xml
Replays: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... gapore.zip (5.8MB, contains race and qual. replays)
Web-stats: Click here for stats!
2010 NA div. Admin
Steve

Re: NA Singapore race, post your comments here...

Post by Steve »

Too many walls, lol Congrats for the win, and I believe the NA championship Bilbo, well done !!!
I may be slow, but at least I'm consistantly slow !
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

Woohoo! I have won the quadrifecta tonight! (pole, win, fast lap, championship) 8)

My race itself was relatively uneventful except for a major scare when my computer just froze for about 10 seconds around lap 25. Fortunately, the car was still on the track when it decided to unfreeze and I was still in the lead (although the gap had gone down). Not being under pressure after 1-2 laps, I could run my own easy race and even do an unexpected 1:36.9 in the race, which I was not really pushing for given the importance of this race.

It's too bad Flow had a bad Q and a bad race start as I was prepared for some action on the track, particularly after receiving a PM where he said he would not give me a gift and he would defend his champiosnhip! :wink: :P Actually, I'd have been happy too if Flow had won as he had been leading for all season long and my chances were kept alive only because he missed a couple of races.

Well, now that the season is almost over (still gotta race the RoC), I'd like to thank all those who raced in NA this season. Without you, there would be no NA division. I'd like to more personally thank Mario for sharing his setups which have been a great help to me (and others) this season. That is worth gold to someone like me who is not good at building setups. A few others have also shared their setups with me this season, thanks to you too (you know who you are and I'd rather not risk forgetting anyone).

A big hand of applause and lots of thanks should go to SteveB for adapting the tracks so we could have somewhere to race. Without him, running this season would not have been easy, if at all possible. Thanks to Flow for constantly maintaining the website and to DanTheMan for running the forums and doing a good job at it.

Without all of you, NAR wouldn't be NAR.
2010 NA div. Admin
Steve

Post by Steve »

Amen to all of the thanks Bilbo !!! Thanks to everyone that makes this league possible !! And everyone who does all of the work with the site, the league, and the mod and tracks....
I may be slow, but at least I'm consistantly slow !
Racer
NAR administrator

Post by Racer »

Nice good Race and Congrats to all off u guys, and great Championship win Bilbo, :)

another Season anding with this, hope u guys have another great Season next year :D

cyaaa

Ingo 8)
Flow
Spam kingpin
Favorite team: Minardi
Are you a spam bot?: No

Post by Flow »

I qualif badly in 4th place, i needed to be closest possible to Bilbo, and i knew that he was faster than me on this new track. I qualif 4th behind SteveB and Juan. We started the race, and Juan seem glued to the grid, with gave me the 3rd right in SteveB ass, and as i told to Bilbo, i wanted to win the champ with the race win, hehe! Turn in T1 side by side with SteveB and he manage the curve in better position than me. But on the straight, we even contact wheels to wheels and i did the outside and enter the curve 2nd, but exit the curve last, in the wall. My rear just jump on the curb and lost control. Suspension damage, had to pit in. Fuel 30 laps fuel, just in case, and ran it untill the end. I had a great fight with SteveB for 3rd neer middle and i DNF hitting the wall again 3 laps before end, i was pushing too mutch. Anyway, Bilbo only need to finish in front of me in the top 3 to win the championship. I fight untill the end, but the fight on this track was a desperate fight againts Bilbo tonight. Im sorry that i coundnt at least kick Bilbo ass, but he deserve it.

Congrats for the win. At least, for you, and not for Hamilton, you celebrate your Championship on the Podium. It is fun to see that like the real one, our championship was won on the last race.

2008 was a great season again, alot of fun, alot of action. Thanks all, from the winner of champ to the last position of champ, this season was made of all of your effort to show up at race.

«Merci et à la prochaine!»

(now its time to hibernate and wake up when the snow will be gone :D )
NAR.F1 driver
scuderiafn

Post by scuderiafn »

Congratulations Bilbo :)
NAR Euro Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro # 5
Cue-bitzer hit Bådää into T1, causing Fart-in-Source to get by!
SteveB
NAR administrator
Favorite team: Ferrari

Post by SteveB »

CONGRADULATIONS BILBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

My qualy session was hampered with a game lock up and on a very nice lap I might add but I was forced to reboot my PC.

I finally rejoined and was allowed to finish my qualy session (thanks guys)
I managed 2nd on the grid.

Race start was great, Bilbo got a jump on me and I was side by side with Flow approaching and through T1....I backed off a bit so I wouldn't ruin Flow's race but he used too much curb exiting T2 and spun giving me back 2nd place.
I was keeping Bilbo in sight for a few laps and managed my PB and fastest lap of the race (for a short few laps) of a 1:37.1 till Bilbo decided that won't do....and posted an even faster lap...dam it all!! ....... WELL DONE.

I was catching Juan nicely till those dam curbs got me again and lost the battle to Juan and gave up my lead from Flow and that battle was ON.
Flow lost it and spun which eased the pressure for me and I just brought the car home.

I was happy I raced this one...it was fun.

A well deserved race win and driver's championship Bilbo :)

I want to Thank ALL for a fantastic season and a very BIG thanks goes out to Bilbo for all the fuel testing he did for me with each track, it was much appreciated. :) also to Flow for always keeping the website up to date and looking AWESOME and to Dan The Man for keeping the forum running smooth as always.

I enjoyed being Bilbo's admin partner this season and hope to do it again. I hope I did my job right and ALL were happy. :)

Another hectic season for me trying to get all you guys updated tracks to race on, I actually have fun doing it and will always provide you with the best I can give.I hope you all truely enjoyed them. :)

Hope to c u on track during the winter and for the 2009 NAR season.

Also congrats to all who finished this one.

CHEERS!!!

Steve B
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

Thanks guys. No problem about the fuel testing, it kinda forced me into starting to practice a bit more early for each race, which ended up being good for me in the end. 8)

Speaking of practice, since I've not done any this week, I spent a bit of time compiling some stats of my 2008 season (they include both race and practice sessions):
  • Race participations: 18 (all races - when you can't go for quality results, you go for quantity!)
  • Total mileage: 26 052km
  • Total laps: 5838 laps
  • Laps per race: 324.3 laps (avg) (low 170, high 488)
  • Time in car (minimum*): 136 hours minimum (or at least 5.7 hours per race on avg) (* total number of laps at each location multiplied by my hotlap PB there. True time spent at the tracks is probably at least 50% more than this as, by definition, not all laps are actually run at PB speed and I spent lots of time chatting, trying to tweak setups, analyzing telemetry or just watching other drivers practice, not to mention walking back to the pits after wrecking the car :oops: )
  • Minimum time in car (as above) for each point won: 70 minutes
Those stats probably just prove that I'm not a "natural" racer but it's still a very enjoyable way to waste time! 8)

Note: All the raw data for these stats are in your "MMGF12007SE.cch" file (there's one CCH file for each mod you have driven), if you want to crunch your own numbers...
2010 NA div. Admin
Coffeemachine

Post by Coffeemachine »

if my teammate did this it would say 4392.4 laps/race :):)
[12:19:47]Dropkick: somebody tried to mug me once
[12:19:59]Dropkick: but i was so drunk i did not understand
scuderiafn

Post by scuderiafn »

kaffemaskin wrote:if my teammate did this it would say 4392.4 laps/race :):)

Tsssssss.
NAR Euro Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro # 5
Cue-bitzer hit Bådää into T1, causing Fart-in-Source to get by!