NA China race, post your comments here...

Public topics, anyone can read/write.
Flow
Spam kingpin
Favorite team: Minardi
Are you a spam bot?: No

NA China race, post your comments here...

Post by Flow »

Ho well, qualif 2nd, lost position before T1, lost SteveB in spun in T1, and exit of T1 Carrera spun, from there i was alone in front with only the pressure of back driver to perform better than me. Starting with Juan + Carrera and Bilbo were almost faster than me in average. I pitted at lap 18 i had a 21 seconds lead over Carrera with Juan at 25. I exit pit 3rd between steveB and Bilbo, lol Bilbo i think i screw little your strategy of your fight with SteveB, i was heavy like a whale with 22 laps fuel Knop was still in front of me, but i think he was close to pit soon.

Sudenly the video card decide to freeze, so i hit neutral and stop the car (sorry i dont know where i was on track). After the screen went black and no more monitor! Still could hear car passing close to me... Grrrr. I had any choice, had to ESC/DNF.

I was in better position than i tought, i was hoping to qualif 4th and finish 2-3. Start 2nd and was leading. I will take it as if my car computer just shutdown :wink: . As we race on computer, computer is part of race and it needs to survive a full race... but not tonight. :cry:
NAR.F1 driver
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Re: NA China race, post your comments here...

Post by Bilbo »

The server replay and results files can be downloaded here:

Qual results: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... a_Qual.xml
Race results: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... a_Race.xml
Replays: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... _China.zip (10.7MB, contains race and qual. replays)
Web-stats: Click here for stats!
2010 NA div. Admin
Steve

Post by Steve »

I was going along well ( for me ), and spun and lost my rear wing, for some reason I hit escape, LOL, Oh well, maybe I can finish the NEXT race :shock:
I may be slow, but at least I'm consistantly slow !
Flow
Spam kingpin
Favorite team: Minardi
Are you a spam bot?: No

Post by Flow »

Bilbo finished +18sec behind Juan, as i can see McLaren are letting drivers playing their own strategy :wink:
NAR.F1 driver
carrera

Post by carrera »

well,
I had a great start but all through the race I was having a real hard time with backend stability and grip.
I forgot about parc ferme and needed a suspension adjustment but couldn't do it so I just grinned and bared it and went on. A couple of good battles on track but eventually my rear tires were toast on the second stint and my brake bias was too much to the rear as well.I'll have to fix that for next race.Good race thyough as we all made some mistakes so the race was unpredictable.I knew when Flow dropped out.Bilbo would seize the opportunity and push and he did.He and Steve B had some good battles behind me as well.Congrats Juan for a first place finish.
carrera 8) 8) 8)
Quote"Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl 'Will you marry me?' The girl said, 'NO!' And the guy lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and went fishing and hunting and played golf a lot and drank beer .The end""
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

P3 qualy was okay for me as, judging from the times seen in the pre-race practice, I was expecting to be farther from the front than this.

Race start would have been good if Juan (in front of me) had actually launched. :wink: Once I saw all the cars passing by, I figured I'd just take it easy for a while and let everyone kill themselves in front... :twisted: I was stuck behind Steve for what seemed an eternity (almost 10 laps, IIRC) but finally managed to pass him in T1 on the second try after noticing he went wider than me there. I did a lot of mistakes in the first half of the race, I probably had 4-5 spins in T11 alone (slow left before the long banked right turn), mistakes I did not do often in practice. :( I had some nice competition with SteveB but the close racing for a few laps but after that, we were mostly 5 seconds apart for much of the race, either in front or behind as we traded mistakes... I finally got my rythm and my act together after my 2nd stop and could start to push (too late for any realistic gain as Juan was almost 30 seconds in front but you never know, never giving up has paid me in the past). Among my last few laps, I got 2 laps that were faster than my PB (PB was 1:34.4 before and I did 1:34.2 and 34.1 in the race) so I was pleased with that after a very average race overall, driving-wise. I just wish I had "woken up" a bit earlier...

Juan fully deserved the win as he did less mistakes than I did. At McLaren, we let our drivers take the positions they deserve... :P
2010 NA div. Admin
Steve

Post by Steve »

Oh . and by the way, at the start, the lights worked for me. How about the rest of you?
I may be slow, but at least I'm consistantly slow !
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

No lights here but looking at the replay, it appears that the first 3-4 positions on the grid are actually IN FRONT of or under the overhead start lights, which would explain why we did not see them (I couldn't see any on the sides either). Also, we (at least me and Juan) could not hear the beep/horns over the engine rumbles (I could hear it perfectly fine when alone on the grid for a test) which was strange because I can normally hear them for our races (possibly because the "beep sources" were behind us?).

I had to fallback on watching the lap timer to know when to start but that did not do me much good since I had nowhere to go with a car parked in front of me. :wink:
2010 NA div. Admin
aawil

Post by aawil »

Sorry I wasn't there. After the 2 middle of the night chinese grand prix sessions on tv by sunday night I was dead tired. Certainly hoping to race brazil.