NA Fuji race, post your comments here...

Public topics, anyone can read/write.
Bilbo
NAR administrator

NA Fuji race, post your comments here...

Post by Bilbo »

The server replay and results files can be downloaded here:

Qual results: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... i_Qual.xml
Race results: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... i_Race.xml
Replays: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... A_Fuji.zip (4.2MB, contains race and qual. replays)
Web-stats: Click here for stats!

Given that we were only 4 drivers at Q time (with a 5th joining late), it was agreed by all present drivers to run a 50% race (34 laps) with 1 mandatory pitstop.
Last edited by Bilbo on 06 Oct 2008, 03:43, edited 1 time in total.
2010 NA div. Admin
SteveB
NAR administrator
Favorite team: Ferrari

Re: NA Fuji race, post your comments here...

Post by SteveB »

WELL WELL.......lol

Only 5 guys tonight so we had a 50% race.

My qualy lap could have been better but 2nd on the grid....I'll take that :)

I had practiced with LC and was very excited to use it tonight....maybe too excited because when the lights started to light up I pressed the LC button and forgot to hold it down and jumped the start getting a drive through penalty.
Served my drive through comming out last and about 30 seconds behind 4th place. I was a little pissed about it but just got on with it.
A few laps later a couple of guys dropped out leaving only 3 and I found myself actually catching Juan so I tried to gain some confidence in my set and put in some really good laps.

Had a little battle with Juan but I knew where he was struggling and set up the pass at the last turn, then something happened to Juan leaving me in control of second.

Bilbo was too friggin fast here (WELL DONE) there was no catching him at all.

Was fun.....too bad the guys who couldn't make it missed this one.

C U in CHINA.
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

First, it would have been nice if more people had shown up, particularly those who did not tell that they would miss the race...

As for my qualification, it went better than expected, even figuring the lighter fuel load due to running a 50% race, with my 4 timed laps in the 16s and the last one at 16.0, close to my PB of 15.9.

Start was okay with LC, I braked a bit early for T1 but it did not appear to cause much problem (I haven't watched the replay yet). After that, since I was faster than everyone, it was just a matter of bringing it home. The race was pretty much uneventful, I was just pushing enough to keep my concentration without risking too much. I had maybe 1 or 2 scares in the slow part of the track but nothing really dangerous.

Congrats to Steve B and my teammate Juan, this result brings in a nice load of points for McLaren! 8)

I hope to see you in China (yes, ALL of you!). 8)
2010 NA div. Admin
Flow
Spam kingpin
Favorite team: Minardi
Are you a spam bot?: No

Post by Flow »

Actualy, 4-5 drivers that join NAR this year have a conflictual calendar with a winter league. Their season is started and if they run the other league, we can expect to loose them for the last 3 races. At the other league, they have to pay to race, so i think the paying league is the priority and also its a brand new season, where points are important to win at begining. Was still great to have them all summer long, have fun out there guys.

I hate missing a race, but woking all weekend, and i barely had time to do 20 laps of practice. I just came back home at 23h, and i didnt even had time to follow the race with LiveView... :(

Il be there at next one! :twisted:
NAR.F1 driver
carrera

Post by carrera »

Well,
I must appologize for not being there.I have been practising Fuji the last 2 days and was all prepared but a family gathering went on way to long and pffffft just like that I was past the start time.It kind of sux as I was 1:16 and a half comfortable.I think I may have this car figured out now and too late in the season of course.I will make the next race though.
carrera 8) 8) 8)
Quote"Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl 'Will you marry me?' The girl said, 'NO!' And the guy lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and went fishing and hunting and played golf a lot and drank beer .The end""
mario proietti jr

Post by mario proietti jr »

hi guys :D
sorry about that i say notin on my presence at the race but i take the opportumities to say that i quit complet racing on line ive done my last race in both league i use to race, i need time to do thing that i put on the side spend more time whit familly and more other stuff
it was a deleight full plaisir to compet against u all here i wish u all fun on track and we will see maybe again on track but only for fun cya all me good buddy :wink:
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

What? You mean more sex again?!?!? :wink:

Seriously, I hope everything goes well for you and your family. You will be missed so come around once in a while!

So long and thanks for all the fish...uhh... I mean all the setups and the good racing! 8)
2010 NA div. Admin
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

Hard to choose, less race more sex or less sex more race... :roll:
NAR.F1 driver
carrera

Post by carrera »

I already have a strict rule with the new girlfriend.Racing comes first and grovelling and begging from yours truly comes second.Its a very simple trade off.
I have a feeling the last few races will be good though and maybe next year ,times will be better.
carrera 8) 8) 8)
Quote"Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl 'Will you marry me?' The girl said, 'NO!' And the guy lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and went fishing and hunting and played golf a lot and drank beer .The end""
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

Yeah, China and particularly Brazil are usually quite interesting races. Singapore should be good too but it's a big unknown how it will turn out in a sim race (I haven't tried it yet)...
2010 NA div. Admin
nopk

Post by nopk »

I have a sneaking suspicion that the Singapore race will end with 3/4ths of the people in DNFs!!

I hate to be cynical, but going around that track at speed with others around you will be terrifying.

Also, street circuits tend to bring out the best/worst in drivers. I would expect first place to be lapping last at least three times in the race.
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

nopk wrote:I would expect first place to be lapping last at least three times in the race.
Im not the fastest, but usualy i survive pretty good :twisted: Cya at end! (hopefully :roll: )
NAR.F1 driver