NA Belgium race, post your comments here...

Public topics, anyone can read/write.
Bilbo
NAR administrator

NA Belgium race, post your comments here...

Post by Bilbo »

The race was shortened to 50% due to having only 2 drivers left after 8 completed lap. The vote was passed by unanimous decision of all drivers present.

The server replay and results files can be downloaded here:

Qual results: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... m_Qual.xml
Race results: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... m_Race.xml
Replays: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... elgium.zip (5.3MB, contains race and qual. replays)
Web-stats: Click here for stats!
Last edited by Bilbo on 08 Sep 2008, 03:10, edited 1 time in total.
2010 NA div. Admin
Steve

Re: NA Belgium race, post your comments here...

Post by Steve »

Eau Rouge, curb, airborn, lost wheel............ :cry: :cry: :cry: :( :( :(
I may be slow, but at least I'm consistantly slow !
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

I saw that, Steve. I was coming up behind you and all I saw was smoke and carbon fiber pieces raining on me...

The race has been shortened to 50% due to being only 2 drivers left after lap 8. That was a unanimous decision by all drivers present. Flow won by 2 laps in front of me, details to be posted above very soon.
2010 NA div. Admin
Flow
Spam kingpin
Favorite team: Minardi
Are you a spam bot?: No

Post by Flow »

My 1st lap was just crazy with Doris Doris, wow that was hot, 2-3 time side by side. On straight after eau rouge, the bump on the inside of track made me lost my fight with doris, he kept more speed on left at end of straight, 2 curves after, I tried to fake a inside, and Doris went wide, he had more speed on the outside of next one, i had to back of a little. Same after the next one, at 1st Sector1, i had to back off to let him the outiside good line. After that, 2-3 curve later, i was so disapointed that he went wide in marble, i lost him there. From there i was at 11 sec of Mario. Few laps later, I lost my target, Mario lost his car at T1, taht just killed my goal to race... but i was still have 2 drivers at 12 sec behind, so i was hoping a come back from them... nope, lost Christian, and then Bilbo and me were alone, he call a 50% and i agree. I completed 22 laps our of 44 witch put an end to the race. Congratulation Bilbo for your finish.

Mario, i would of love to complete this race with you, because on lap 20, i started to notice where i was loosing time, and i find out how to gain more time on controling my fast curve... i started to do a 1:47.3xx, 1:47.4xx and then a 1:47.3xx and then the race was over... wow, what a fight it could of been close to end or even sooner if i would of done that earlier. My average lap time was in 48 high, i gain a full second faster. The trick is turn less and you will turn more... strange? But i was turnng my stearing full and was making me slip. I start to turn 50% of wheel, and i gain a full sec overall. This is not easy, cause you have the feeling that you wont be able to turn the curve, lol.

If this tip can help other, good for you.

Hope to see more driver at end of next race!!! Cya!
NAR.F1 driver