Spa Race comments Euro

Public topics, anyone can read/write.
Coffeemachine

Spa Race comments Euro

Post by Coffeemachine »

Dave im gonna go ahead and move this one to public so everyone can read it

POST BY SAILSY
sailsy wrote:Going well braked late at bus stop and a curb tripped me up at a snail pace see replay sailsy!!!

Not happy son unrealistic its amazing put clutch in while upside down upside down zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz i tell ya!!!

Poor and bored look forward to whatever track next i recomend brianza instead of going around the houses!!!!
[12:19:47]Dropkick: somebody tried to mug me once
[12:19:59]Dropkick: but i was so drunk i did not understand
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Re: Spa Race comments Euro

Post by Bilbo »

The server replay and results files can be downloaded here:

Qual results: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... m_Qual.xml
Race results: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... m_Race.xml
Replays: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... elgium.zip (9MB, contains race and qual. replays)
Web-stats: Click here for stats!
2010 NA div. Admin
scuderiafn

Post by scuderiafn »

This is becoming a baaaad habit...

Got the pole, a close one with Kaff second, about 3 tenths behind or something like that. Both Kaffe and Pascal overtook me during the start, but forgot where the brake pedal is into T1 :P So I got my pos back, and controlled the race from there, until I hit the left kerb out of Eau Rouge and hit the wall.
My suspension was screwed, so I left the race and was pretty pissed at myself! Shouldn't have done that though, because Kaffe later said that they fix it in the pits, but I know that for next time now.

Gotta give a compliment to Pascal who drove extremely good defensively, holding off my team mate for like 9 laps, which is everything but easy!

Nice move by Kaffe also who finally made it past :)

Gongrats to Kaffe for a great win, and also to the podium finishers.

Monza next week, and I really have to get my act together! Nice and tight in the championship now, but I'm longing for a win!

Cyaa,
Fred
NAR Euro Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro # 5
Cue-bitzer hit Bådää into T1, causing Fart-in-Source to get by!
Flow
Spam kingpin
Favorite team: Minardi
Are you a spam bot?: No

Post by Flow »

If you loose a wheel, they will even put it back, not realistic, but the game alows it (at least in MMG). Dont hesitate to go to pit with a badly damage car, you will exit with an almost brand new car (you will pay for that with a long stop at pit, stop your engine) Your car wont be 100%, but 95-99% is enough to finish a race :wink:
NAR.F1 driver
scuderiafn

Post by scuderiafn »

Ok thanks :) I always think of F1 Challenge when I crash. In that game you only get a new front wing if I'm not mistaken, they wont fix a wheel or the suspension. But I'll keep it in mind, I seem to need it :P
NAR Euro Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro # 5
Cue-bitzer hit Bådää into T1, causing Fart-in-Source to get by!
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

Even with a bent suspension, you can still drive (well, as long as all the wheels are touching the track). It's not necessarily easy (just like driving without aids is not supposed to be easy) but after a few cautious lap, you get the "feel" of it. I know I've been driving bent suspensions for years (which goes to show my lack of skill!).
2010 NA div. Admin
Coffeemachine

Post by Coffeemachine »

haha bilbo i wouldnt know since im not a prone crasher but i'm sure your the master of it :) lol

And to the Q, i arrived late but just had time to finish my Q-laps. Almost got my max out i belive, could have done maby a tenth or two better but ending up 3 tenths after fred that wouldnt had helped either. Nice work fred, but you still start like a girl :)

and to the race :) :) :) I made a good start and was first into T1, but hugging the inside wall i realized i had no idea where T1 was...and even less the braking point. While contemplating this, i realized that i need to stop thinking and start braking..but too late, grr, went wide and lost p1 to fredrik. Charging up eau rouge where fredrik me and pascal, all together, and pascal cruized between our slipstreams and overtook me. I was way to cautious, but really nice work there pascal! I ended up 3rd, and i'd guess i was somewhere around 1 second faster /lap...but NO NO NO, i just couldnt get passed. Greatest fighting so far i think, i was a few meters behind and each lap in front in some areas (think i had the topspeed) but i just couldnt get passed, pascal did a great defensive driving. I ended up right on his ass (and i mean really close) for the first 9 laps (exept for a lap where i went wide and had to catch up 1.5ish secs). Finally made a move stick into bus stop, but fredrik was alredy long gone...13 seconds. I set off at maximum speed and managed to snatch best lap, only to find out fredrik had spotted my progress. He duely took the lap record back the next time around, but the gap stayed fixed at 13 seconds for these laps. Then fredrik thought he'd have a date with the walls around eau rouge, which left me in a giant lead. So after that i was just phasing, did my first pitstop and emerged in the lead after that one, and continued. Was getting really bored, and actually thought of making a voluntery drive through or switch to a 3stop or someting to get some action, decided i needed some sugar to think it through, and came up with the brilliant idea to drink cola while driving too eau rouge... and, yes- BOOOOM!. limped back to the pits, the car didnt suffer too much actually, just a lost front wing and some damage to the sides so i could keep quite a good phase to the pits, had a 26 sec pitstop and emerged 3rd a few seconds behind philmax and pascal who where having a fight :) . philmax had to pit, and a few laps later i cought up with pascal again:D having learned my lesson, i only got stuck some 2-3-4 laps behind before finding my way past into T1. After that it was just to shortshift to the finish.
3 wins 1 second and 1 dnf, bring it on - mooonza!

Congrats to pascal for a great race, really focused and good driving- you made no misstakes at all those laps in the beginning, and i really had to fight hard to make it past. Congrats to the other finishes, and tough luck for G25 who needed a few more laps to be classified.

and to my teamm8 - stop crashing, you are faster than me ;)
[12:19:47]Dropkick: somebody tried to mug me once
[12:19:59]Dropkick: but i was so drunk i did not understand