NA Hungary race, post your comments here...

Public topics, anyone can read/write.
Bilbo
NAR administrator

NA Hungary race, post your comments here...

Post by Bilbo »

The server replay and results files can be downloaded here:

Qual results: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... Y_Qual.xml
Race results: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... Y_Race.xml
Replays: http://nar.kicks-ass.org:8086/narresult ... UNGARY.zip (15MB, contains race and qual. replays)
Web-stats: Click here for stats!
2010 NA div. Admin
Flow
Spam kingpin
Favorite team: Minardi
Are you a spam bot?: No

Re: NA Hungary race, post your comments here...

Post by Flow »

Ha! i expected to qualif 3-4 and i did the 2nd position, witch was excellent and it was close with Mario (Congrats for the pole). The race? i expected a top 3, and got the 1st place of podium, better than i tought, and exact as i was hoping (like we all do, lol). I was folowing Mario in the ass and trying to keep the gap not more than 1-2 sec behind. But maybe Mario was expecting to escape more, he seem to have problem to set is usual fast pace, and at lap 5, on the last curve climbing up the hill to pit, Mario spun and open me the way for the victory. I was still not conviced to win, keeping in mind that Mario could of change from a 2 to 1 stop (we never know), but no. I was even concern about Doris that was keeping a stable pace 30 sec behind, but here to, it didnt last. Neer lap 55 to 62, i realy slowed down, didnt want to loose my car, i was risking alot with low rad and low brake.

Congratulation to SteveB, Bilbo and Xzwins for the finish, some precious points were scored today! Sorry Paul, you were not able to make it in time. Big thanks to all who even with not enough preparation did took the time to be on the grid. Too bad for those who were prepared and just DNF for many reasons. Better luck next time!

Cya on next one :twisted:
Last edited by Flow on 11 Aug 2008, 05:06, edited 1 time in total.
NAR.F1 driver
coywilburn

Post by coywilburn »

qaullied in 7th was running 5th,every time i came across start finnish line my pit reqest would come on, then when i did try to pit on lap 20 about the time i got to my stall my game crashed! sorry son of a b**** lol i hope my luck starts to change. had a lot of fun anyway
"Infinite Diversity" In "Infinite Possibilities"
Steve

Post by Steve »

Lost concentration when the phone rang, and ran into the wall dividing the pits from the track, lost a front wheel, race over, LOL
I may be slow, but at least I'm consistantly slow !
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

Ho! i almost forgot, Steve, twice? You know that the pit wall entrance is deadly, leave it alone! :mrgreen: :wink:
NAR.F1 driver
carrera

Post by carrera »

Well that race was one to forget about.
Those were the first laps that I turned on that track as I was fixing computers till about 20 minutes before 5(8 eastern).I just used my silverstone setup and loads of fuel.The start was good.I got w few people including steve B on teh first lap and settled in behind doris.My car went sideways many times and I was sweating bullets until I nailed the throttle and spun sideways and hit the wall.Without practise it was hard to decide if I should continue but I new the suspension was damaged and I was only 4 laps in.That kind of sucked as I had no practise with full fuel Either but I was happy to make 4 laps and battle a bit with doris.I was not consistent though and could not get a rythm and after 4 laps it caught me out big time.My setup was not the problem though as I did not hit my braking points properly or turn in points either.MAy be if I had more time to pratcise it would have been a bit better.I just did not get the time to do so this weekend and for that I am sorry guys but FLow you got your wish and congrats to you m8.It was well deserved.PAtience is a virtue isn't it...LOL...and that race pace of yours was shown in qualifying.Good job and well earned.
See you next race with more practise I hope.Bummer PAul didn't makeit in either.It would have been fun but I still would have spun off track....LOL.....
carrera 8) 8) 8)
Quote"Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl 'Will you marry me?' The girl said, 'NO!' And the guy lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and went fishing and hunting and played golf a lot and drank beer .The end""
mario proietti jr

Post by mario proietti jr »

hi guys :D
well lmao i screw up again i did pole thats what i was expected and i was on 2 pit strategy
i was really confident about the race but like flow said i spun and he take the lead i start to push a bit to close the gap and i was close it fast enought to ctah him up but again i lost the car and i broke front suspension it was a long way to the pit and 22 sec to repair when i came out of pit i was in p5 then the car seems to be ok so i start to push again and i climb up till p2 whit a nice over take on my teamate doris lolll who was on p3 atm then i did mistake again i lost the rear end of the car and it the wall that it broke the front suspension again but this time the engine shot off so it was over for me i was a bit like that for me but was fuc,,,n cool to catch up driver nice race fellas
congratulations to the finisher and the 3 podium i hope to cvya in numbers in valencia hehe
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

I managed to get a surprising P3 in qualifications but the joy did not last long as, after a pretty good start where I could almost dream to overtake Flow despite (or because of) LC, I got punted hard out of Turn 2 on the very first lap and that got me dead last, as is getting a habit of mine. I usually get last in the first laps of a race due to my own fault so I was quite infuriated about being "helped" in keeping my bad habits and pretty much lost all concentration then and there. As proof, I spun twice in the next few laps and lost wings both times (lucky 1st stop was only ~15 seconds), the second time costing a ~45 seconds pit stop during which I took a deep breath, tried to relax a bit and loaded 35-laps worth of fuel (on soft tyres, of course) to try to salvage what was left of my race.

Other than being slow due to the fuel weight, suspension damage and preserving the tyres, that was actually a great long stint and I "still" had 2 red dots left of rubber on the front left wheel (3 red dots on all others) so I thought that was pretty good. Made my scheduled stop, last stint was to be about 25 laps which should have been easy after doing a 35-lapper. Well, not so as I went a bit wide on the grass in the slow part and spun/lost a wing again just a few laps after coming out of the pits. Well, after almost a minute-long stop, I was on my easy way to the end not risking too much as the gap indicator had stopped showing "seconds" and was showing "laps" both in front and behind so there was no point in pushing anymore. In the circumstances, I'm quite happy to finish with P3.

See you in the walls of Valencia! :wink:
2010 NA div. Admin
SteveB
NAR administrator
Favorite team: Ferrari

Post by SteveB »

Well with barely any practice time (again due to the Valencia circuit updates) I managed 7th on the starting grid which I wasn't surprised because I never ran FULL race fuel.
My start was pretty good got off the line OK, approaching T1 just as I was about to tun in Carrera bolted by scraing the shit out of me....LOL
I was squeezed between Carrera and Doris (I think) and we both touched so I let them go.
I was able to stay with them for a few laps which surprised me and had a glimmer of hope for this race.

Then 1 by 1 they started dropping out and kept seeing Bilbo having problems so I figured it was time to just run my own race and try to stay consistant which I was lapping in the 1:22 to 1:23 which I was very happy about.

I felt really bad seeing everyone having problems especially Bilbo who deserved a better finish, I amlost felt guilty finishing 2nd BUT I'LL TAK IT !!!!! LOL

I want to thank Bilbo for the race set he gave me it helped me a lot :) thanks bro :)

Congrats to Flow for the win and Bilbo and XZ for stickin it out to the finish.

C U at Valencia :)
FORZA FERRARI !!

2011 NA DIV ADMIN

Christian Laforce

Post by Christian Laforce »

for me rfactor crash. lol next race.
Flow
Spam kingpin

Post by Flow »

Yeah Christian, i saw you on straight, you start to move to the right, enter the pit line trough the straight wall, lol likve the invisible man, i was watching out that you reapear in my face cause of a lag, and you ever showed up... game crash! Too bad.
NAR.F1 driver