Racers or what?

Public topics, anyone can read/write.
tackman

Racers or what?

Post by tackman »

Hi All!

Why must it be SO incredible hard to get a practice race going in this league :cry:
The meaning with racing in my mind is to do the best you can without taking out other drivers 8can happen to all sometime,in NAR practice races its all the time,OK its practiceyou say,YES its practice and try to make it to practice and not foolishness.
Guidelines according to me:
:idea: 1:Startprocedure:
First of all...LEARN TO USE THE LAUNCHCONTROL,in that way we save a lot of rear wings.

Try NOT to win the race at the first corner,look what the car infront of you is doing and BRAKE so you can get through first and second corner and leave space for other drivers too.

:idea: 2:Formationlap:
100% concentration is required under formation lap since the driver in front dont drive like at a fullspeed lap,if this doesnt work for someone I have to quote Killa "then you are not in the right league"

:idea: 3:Race:
Get a rhytm,if you catch someone who is also racing,take it cool and sit behind a while and try to see where you are faster and then try to get a slipstream OR if you dont get that oppurtunity,RACE with the guy (i promise,its fun)remeber...you did catch him,and he sees you in the mirrors,sooner or later there may be a little mistake you can get use of.

If someone is catching you...STAY CALM and drive as you are alone,if he want to overtake it is his headache,you can defend against overtaking by changing line,but only one time and then you got to hold that line through the corner.
If you are being lapped,go out of racing line and let him by.

If you have been passed,DONT PANIC,drive your pace,the guy in front has propably stressed his tyres when he was behind you and could easily try to go too fast,then you can take your place back...RACING.

PLEASE FRIENDS dont ruin the little time some of us have to do this by being nothinking 1st corner winners.

LETS HAVE FUN

With hope that I not offend anyone,just educates...hehe
GRANDPA
T.Karlsson

lm tired

Post by T.Karlsson »

:( l totally agree with Tackman lm tired of this kindergarden out on the Tracks. We were 12 people on A1 last night with great conditions to have a NICE Time, but what happens? some of us think that as soon as it comes to race they are 4sec faster than they were at warmup or Qual even though the car is filled up with gas and its heavier and harder to control.

Do you think that Alex Young would come up with this brilliant idea to over take half the starting field in the first corner even if he knows that he is 5 sec slower than M.Schumacher?(l DONT THINK SO !!!!!!) :evil:

The drivers who are slower than the top drivers have to learn how to control their own speed before they try to overtake the fast drivers.

If not, you are in the wrong league(SORRY)

To get this working l think we have to practice more shortracing so that the startfield is close all the time ex 4 or 5 lap race :?

The only way is to try m8s
The Use Of Brakes Is a Sign Of Fear
Alx

Post by Alx »

AMEN Tackman!!

Lets live by this wise mans words.
...have nothing to add.
a little bit sideways is always quicker
Lavvy

Lacvy

Post by Lavvy »

I agree totally, NAR was always about serious races, and thats what we all seem to like about it....HOWEVER, i will say this....at last nights races a start line inncident was caused by my car...not really by me....i'll explain....i jumped started (finger slipped off launch control)...so i hit escape immediatly, said nothing and went to watch the race from my pit. as you should do!......However for some reason my car remianed on track....odd thing.....this ment people had to swerve or hit me....just wanted to let you guys know....was'nt really anyones fault, but i do agree with you all.
DanTheMan
Site administrator
Favorite team: Red Bull
Are you a spam bot?: No

Re: Lacvy

Post by DanTheMan »

Lavvy1 wrote:However for some reason my car remianed on track....odd thing.....this ment people had to swerve or hit me....
Actually this is not an odd thing - it is normal behavior for the bug-riddled F1 2002. I have had the same trouble in the F1 Racing league (where I help with hosting races). Since I have a separate computer that is running as host I always press ESC on that car to get it off the grid. This does NOT work; it reappears on the grid causing confusion (usually not in the start since the car is last on the grid, but on the remaining laps). This has prompted me to try to move the car off the main racing line and stall the engine, effectively parking the car off-track. However, doing this AND getting back to my race car is stressful. :-(

We have also seen this with people having raced several laps, then have a race-ending accident (rear wing, wheel, etc.) and pressing ESC. They get back to the pit, but after a while their cars reappear on the grid. VERY ANNOYING!

In F1R we have a rule that you must completely quite the game if you press ESC. This way the car does not reappear on the grid. Only problem is that I can't do that with the server... :-(

So if you can, just drive/limp to a safe spot and proceed to spectate without going to pit. Otherwise press ESC and exit the game altogether!
Move over!!!
tackman

Post by tackman »

Respond to Lavvy and Dan:

It is a jidder with this game at times,especially the things U2 mention,IF anyone stalls or having other trouble on grid and not can start,we should all have a message that says "standing still" hopefully the other can avoid
to hit the car.
Another thing is that you sometimes have 2 cars in the game,to kill the ghost car you have to restart the computer (works for me).

tackman