Pics with my new digital saab 900

Public topics, anyone can read/write.
Coffeemachine

Pics with my new digital saab 900

Post by Coffeemachine »

I have bougt a new camera, its insanely good, look at this awsome picture quality. it can export pictures to the computer with the staggering size of 200x100 pixels without it getting blury. Due to the hard strain these enormous pictures would put to the fragile german server, i've limited this picture to 200x91 pixels

This is a great car: Its very new, i've only had it for 4 years and it was made as late as -85. Its fitted with all the new technology including manual choke. non-electrical windows and a saab concept called "sluggish steering", which basicly is the opposite to power steering. My car has a huge amount of power coming from its top-notch engine from 1985, whoich produces rougly 80BHP. This makes for a top speed of 143 km/h (slightly downhill, tailwind and 1km motorway). 0-100 is only 16 seconds, so you really get blasted back into the super ergonomic seats with the sport style seat covarages. It's also fitted with a modern top notch sound system which uses a very modern tape player, and the best thing of all is that of the 3 speakers working only 1 is blown. Only setback is the buzz you get when you have anything on the dashboard, also the lack of antenna makes the radio not take in very many channels is a slight minus. The fact that you have to hammer the dashboard in a certain way to get it not to buzz whilst listening to radio is also a new feature on my car which i am very proud of. It's also very economical, city driving wintertime it only(!) eats roughly 1.3 litres/10 km.
What i like most about it is the funny handling, the fact that you can make the tail slide(!!) after a gentle and almost impossible combination of high speed, going from a grippy surface to a slippy one, whilst doing a scandinavian flick and ending it to the left (not right) just when you go out of the grippy area. This makes the Saab 900 a true pro drivers car. It is also very fail safe and has only suffered 4 punctures.

The superb SAAB locking system from -85 makes it very hard to steal, besides the facts that you can start it with a glass stick if you want to. Fact is this is very handy, since i never use the real key i can 1) take the key i use(on the same key chain as the "real" key) out of the car while its running and lock it up from the outside and 2) throw the key to a friend if he has something in the trunk so he can open it while im dropping him off when i cba turning the car off and getting out. This might not seem very safe, but if you want to steal my car i guarantee you that you will fail drasticlly.
why?
i have modded my saab with the brilliant feature of a loose sitting earth cable to the battery (which in some case causes the power to go off whilst driving). So when i park, i just pop up the hood and take the cable off the battery and hide it behind the engine.

With the staggering price tag of 600e back in 2003 it is a bit expensive, i can admit that, but good cars costs money - remember that!
So why buy a bmw or merc when you can buy a -85 saab 900?
now you know why!
best car in the world :)

looking forwards for some info from you other guys about your "real"(lol) "rides"

peace 8)
Attachments
bil.jpg
bil.jpg (13.13 KiB) Viewed 4084 times
[12:19:47]Dropkick: somebody tried to mug me once
[12:19:59]Dropkick: but i was so drunk i did not understand
klaaz

Post by klaaz »

i drive a volvo :) trying to get the meter from 80 000 to 90 000 km and i think i succeded with approx 5 years time.... no pictures availeble i am sad to annouche...
I talk too much....
Coffeemachine

Post by Coffeemachine »

mine is at 270000 :)
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

2005 Subary Legacy 2.5GT @30k km and enjoying every single one of those! (sorry about the pictures, poor photographer at work).
Attachments
DSCN2677.JPG
DSCN2677.JPG (56.51 KiB) Viewed 4065 times
DSCN2686.JPG
DSCN2686.JPG (61.77 KiB) Viewed 4065 times
killahead
NAR founder

Post by killahead »

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Thats a funny story! I think you got all the features....awesome.
"I saw a red light and chose to stop, someone else saw a red light and chose not to," / Kimi Räikkönen
Steve

Post by Steve »

Went to the Supercross races last night, what a good time !!
Attachments
The Track at the Edward Jones Dome, St. Louis Missouri
The Track at the Edward Jones Dome, St. Louis Missouri
IMGP0237.jpg (689.78 KiB) Viewed 4040 times
Ricky throwing a roost out of the turn
Ricky throwing a roost out of the turn
IMGP0328.jpg (501.4 KiB) Viewed 4041 times
Chad Reed and Kevin Windham
Chad Reed and Kevin Windham
IMGP0335.jpg (525.29 KiB) Viewed 4041 times
Racing hurts !
Racing hurts !
IMGP0379.jpg (563.89 KiB) Viewed 4041 times
I may be slow, but at least I'm consistantly slow !
klaaz

Post by klaaz »

Pic from the mooneclips trough my TeleScope. Amezing what a 39 euro device can do.....
Attachments
23 maart 19.32.JPG
(72.96 KiB) Downloaded 57 times
DSCN0637.JPG
(85.91 KiB) Downloaded 56 times
I talk too much....
Coffeemachine

Post by Coffeemachine »

that is a GIANT stadium steve :) looks like a good time, my dad is sold on enduro. tried it once but im not that hot, i belong on 4 wheels hehe. not really the same thing but almost

sweet klaaz, but howcome you sense the shape of the moon in the dark bit even though the earth is shadowing it?
klaaz

Post by klaaz »

the atmosphere of the earth is bending some spectra of light(like water would do) eventually turning the moon into brown/red on the total eclipse.
I talk too much....
Coffeemachine

Post by Coffeemachine »

i think its a conspiracy from the marsians
Steve

Post by Steve »

lol Kaffe, those martians are always messing with us earthlings !!
Coffeemachine

Post by Coffeemachine »

yeah i think they might have anal probed my car
Steve

Post by Steve »

i hope your car didn't like it !! haha
Bilbo
NAR administrator

Post by Bilbo »

It's probably on that day that it reached its 143 km/h top speed! :twisted: